killing ground enters the German charts

M

matteo

Hello guys I wish to let you know that Killing Ground has just entered the official German album charts at no. 26!! An excellent result indeed as you consider that Germany is the biggest record market in Europe, second only to the Usa and Japan worldwide...May be Killing Ground will repeat Solid ball od Rock's feat and will enter in the German Top 20....If someone knows about other chart placings please let me know...

Matteo

Hey I also found out that KG entered the French album charts at no. 141! I guess that next week it will enter some other charts (Switzerland, Sweden may be Holland....) because in most of Europe KG was available in the early days of October

Matteo

hi matteo do you no how many copies saxon would have to sell of the killing ground to put them in at number 26

I'm not sure but I suppose around 10,000-15,000 copies, you should consider that to be certified gold in the German market an album has to sell more than 250,000 copies while in the UK or in France just 100,000 copies are required to reach such award. In the Usa where the gold level is 500,000 copies sold, an album make it in the Top 30 selling at least 35-40,000 copies per week so I guess that in Germany should be necessary roughly half of that figure.

Matteo

I doubt that it will make it to teh Swedish top 40.
Here's the 20 most selling metal discs in Sweden for week 42 and no Saxon. After this list was released Ozzy's new disc entered the top 40 at #1...

1 (1) /1/ Linkin Park
Hybrid theory
2 (2) /1/ Staind
Break the cycle
3 (NY) /3/ Alice Cooper
Dragontown
4 (3) /3/ Backyard babies
Making enemies is good
5 (NY) /5/ Therion
Secret of the runes
6 (6) /3/ Edguy
Mandrake
7 (5) /1/ Slipknot
Iowa
8 (7) /4/ Bruce Dickinson
The best of Bruce Dickinson
9 :)cool: /3/ Iron Maiden
Best of the beast
10 (4) /2/ Hellacopters
High visibility
11 (11) /9/ System of a down
Toxicity
12 (9) /6/ Guns n' Roses
Appetite for destruction
13 (19) /3/ Gamma ray
No world order
14 (13) /11/ Dio
Diamonds - the best of
15 (ÅT) /2/ Creed
Human clay
16 (10) /5/ Dark funeral
Diabolis interium
17 (14) /1/ Rage against the machine
Rage against the machine
18 (20) /7/ Rammstein
Mutter
19 (17) /4/ Entombed
Morning star
20 (ÅT) /9/ Hammerfall
Renegade

See...no Saxon....unfortunately but that might have something to with the fact that the 2CD version is so damn expensive.....and that's the version of the disc most stores have in stock.

Not to mention that chart is for metal/rock only - only the top 2 or 3 actually sells enough to make it to the "real" top 40...