Killswitch Engage: The end of heartache, instrumental cover

Carnivorouschrysalis

Chuck Finley
May 19, 2012
I wanted to record a cover of one of my favorite songs, and i wanted to see if i could accurately represent the song's engineering style. it's not perfect, and it's a tad bit fast, but still, i'd like everyone's opinion on how it's turned out so far.

Edit: Soundcloud did alter it a tiny bit in the upload, but it should still give you an accurate idea of what i did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cymbals are killing my life! But otherwise good job man! :)

Any chance of a download of this? I've always wanted to do a vocal cover and didn't have a backing track! This is pretty good ^_^

Sounds very very similar. Some of the times the cymbals sound too repetitive, otherwise good job. Can i have some DIs plz I'd like to try it.

I actually didn't direct input and reamp. I recorded the guitars straight from my line 6 pod X3.

Cymbals are killing my life! But otherwise good job man! :)

Any chance of a download of this? I've always wanted to do a vocal cover and didn't have a backing track! This is pretty good ^_^

What's wrong with the cymbals exactly? If its simply variety, i tried to follow closely what the drums on the original song did, with a few panning exceptions. If it's the quality and humanization, what did i do wrong, and how could i fix it?

Also, sure you can have a download link! (LINK) I'd love to hear what vocals you could put on top of it!

EDIT: Thanks for all the positive feedback (except for the cymbal remarks, though constructive feedback is appreciated too) It means a lot!

Hey dude! Thanks for the link. Honestly, it's more so the lack of humanization, but again... Programmed cymbals are hard to make sound that natural especially especially when the parts are quite repetitive! I usually don't deal with programmed cymbals, but maybe a different set/ play with the velocities, or EQ a little more so they are (at least that main crash) a bit less piercing. Seems like presence area IMO!

Again, that's just opinion :) you did a good job!

thanks! though uploading it to soundcloud turned up the higher frequencies quite a bit, so that may have had an effect on it, oh well. And no problem! post what you get done!