Kingdom of Sorrow - Behind the Blackest Tears

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Side project time. Crowbar's mainman Kirk and Hatebreed's Jamey. I am big fan of Crowbar but hate Hatebreed from the bottom of my soul. However this project is thankfully merely a Crowbar disk which has Jasta vocals as well as Kirk's here and there. The music is typically amazing from Kirk. That fucking red neck can write some awesome thundering riffs! I love the way he has this mesmerising quality to the riffs whilst maintaining melody and the all important badass dense grooves that make your mind melt. I sort of like Kirk's growing melodic vox as well which surfaces here and there. Kirk reallly is a hugelyunderrated riff master in my eyes. This is my fave song from the ones on utube with it's brooding, dark atmosphere which is very close to Crowbar.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GpqTSBo1i0&feature=related[/ame]

Love this band. So sad kirk isn't on tour. I'm like you fb I despise hatebreed but like kos. I love kirk for his playing in kos and down. I really should get some crowbar.

Love this band. So sad kirk isn't on tour. I'm like you fb I despise hatebreed but like kos. I love kirk for his playing in kos and down. I really should get some crowbar.

sorry you "despise" hatebreed but they honestly rule. they are one of the hardest working hardcore bands on the planet and having seen them in front of 10 people to what they do now is an amazing thing.

plus Hatebreed's music serves one purpose...to get you pumped up and make you want to wreck shit. if you don't want to do that in your life then i can understand why it doesn't make sense. oh wait, it's great to work out to as well. nothing like good fist pumps when running through my neighborhood.

sorry you "despise" hatebreed but they honestly rule. they are one of the hardest working hardcore bands on the planet and having seen them in front of 10 people to what they do now is an amazing thing.

plus Hatebreed's music serves one purpose...to get you pumped up and make you want to wreck shit. if you don't want to do that in your life then i can understand why it doesn't make sense. oh wait, it's great to work out to as well. nothing like good fist pumps when running through my neighborhood.

That band has always been just noise to me. Sorry. But I really don't like any hardcore, so it shouldn't be a surprise I don't like them.

Me Neither.Something about the whole 'WAARRRRGH I AM SO FUCKED UP IN THE HEAAAAADD AND I AM A DANGEROUS PERSON WARRRGH" approach just isn't appealing.
Sure I guess that's sort of empowering if you can identify with that.

Hatebreed's music serves one purpose...to get you pumped up and make you want to wreck shit. if you don't want to do that in your life then i can understand why it doesn't make sense. oh wait, it's great to work out to as well. nothing like good fist pumps when running through my neighborhood.

Shitty purpose. And I don't work out. Tough sell.

Shitty purpose. And I don't work out. Tough sell.

it's not really a shitty purpose if you are in attendance at a hatebreed show. everyone is usually there to let out some aggression so why not do it there instead of walking down the street and beating someone up?

music is an outlet for some people and how they choose to let out their anger and hatebreed provide a great soundtrack.

and yes, i wouldn't expect people on this board to get hardcore, but just in the same same sense you couldn't ask a hardcore person to understand the intricacies of power metal. i mean i can hear it now..."f*cking dragons? f*cking fairies? f*cking swords?!"

some of us in here are able to walk the line between both.
:)

it's not really a shitty purpose if you are in attendance at a hatebreed show. everyone is usually there to let out some aggression so why not do it there instead of walking down the street and beating someone up?

music is an outlet for some people and how they choose to let out their anger and hatebreed provide a great soundtrack.

and yes, i wouldn't expect people on this board to get hardcore, but just in the same same sense you couldn't ask a hardcore person to understand the intricacies of power metal. i mean i can hear it now..."f*cking dragons? f*cking fairies? f*cking swords?!"

some of us in here are able to walk the line between both.
:)

"f*cking magnets?"