KING'S X Frontman To Honor JIMI HENDRIX With 'Tribute To Jimi' Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
KING'S X frontman Doug "Dug" Pinnick will release "Tribute To Jimi (Often Imitated But Never Duplicated)", a tribute album to the legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix, on May 18 via Rat Pak Records. "Tribute To Jimi" was recorded at Blacksound Studios in Pasadena, California and was co-produced by Pinnick and Michael Parnin and mastered by Kurdt Vanderhoof of METAL CHURCH. About the release, Doug states: "I've been wanting to do this for a long time, so when Joe at Rat Pak Records brought the idea up to me, I couldn't wait to get started! We wanted to recreate the analog recording process as closely to the original recordings as possible, so we did our research and tried to use as many of the original effects and equipment that we could find. I'm very happy with how this turned out and I hope everyone enjoys listening to this music as much as I enjoyed recording it in memory of Jimi Hendrix." The album is available in various configurations at this location. "Tribute To Jimi (Often Imitated But Never Duplicated)" track listing: 01. Are You Experienced 02. Crosstown Traffic 03. Fire 04. If 6 Was 9 05. Purple Haze 06. Up From The Skies 07. All Along The Watchtower 08. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) Recording lineup: * Doug Pinnick: vocals, rhythm guitars, bass, piano, percussion, kazoo, combs and foot-stomps * Mike Hansen: drums and percussion * Tracey "Spacey T" Singleton: lead and acoustic guitar * Tommy Baldwin: additional lead guitar, background vocals * Mike Farrell: keyboards * Reinhold Schwarzwald: saxophone
dougpinnicktributetojimi.jpg

Continue reading...