KIPELOV anyone?

truemindframe

metal drummer
Nov 5, 2002
Atlantis, GA
www.facebook.com
I'm curious about this band. Has anyone heard them? I know Victor Smolski (RAGE) has played with them and I'm a sucker for his guitar playing. I'm wondering if it's as good as his other band Mind Odyssey (which I'm loving).

Many thanks!
discuss..

I know that Valery Kipelov is the former vocalist for an AMAZING Russian Iron Maiden clone band called Aria. He's an excellent vocalist. I actually haven't heard any of Kipelov's solo stuff, but I do know that Aria started pulling away from the Maiden sound, and more toward a dark power metal sound, before Kipelov left.

After a little research, it looks to me like Smolski was just a temporary fill-in member sometime in 2004. I don't know if he played on their last album or not.

I found some samples on Smolski's site.. he has played on a CD and their new DVD and it sounds like that dark power metal sound you were describing. The singing is in Russian, though, so it may take some getting used to.
I'll probably pick something up soon!

I found some samples on Smolski's site.. he has played on a CD and their new DVD and it sounds like that dark power metal sound you were describing. The singing is in Russian, though, so it may take some getting used to.
I'll probably pick something up soon!

Yeah, all the Aria/Master/Kipelov lyrics are in Russian. A friend of mine (some of you may know him from other boards as Vadim or Thy Sentinel) got me into them, and sent me some lyric translations a long time ago, and their writing is amazing.

IMO, the best CDs Kipelov has ever sung on were Blood for Blood (the fifth Aria album) and Generator of Evil (the seventh (?) Aria disc). I haven't heard the Kipelov solo stuff, though.

I'm curious about this band. Has anyone heard them? I know Victor Smolski (RAGE) has played with them and I'm a sucker for his guitar playing. I'm wondering if it's as good as his other band Mind Odyssey (which I'm loving).

Many thanks!
discuss..

I'm not sure that Smolski plays on all the disc, but he surely appears on some tracks. If you like Aria, this is a no-brainer. The style of the Kipelov album is traditional heavy metal, but maybe with a bit of a more "modern" edge that Aria has not. And Kipelov is still a killer vocalist. Recommended.

The brand new single from KIPELOV, a nice ballad called "Na Grani".

I really love the voice of Valery Kipelov and I agree with those who say that his solo band has a more modern edge at its music than Aria.

Their first and only album, "Reki Vremen" is highly recommended to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: