Kirk Hammett Kisses Tool

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
A low-quality video clip of METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett performing with TOOL during their headlining appearance at the Blaisdell Concert Hall in Honolulu, Hawaii on Friday August 1 has been posted online at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYFuhpv9U6U
According to one TOOL fan's eyewitness account posted at the ToolNavy.com web site, TOOL frontman Maynard James Keenan introduced Hammett by saying, "We have a special guest tonight. He's not [unintelligible], and he's not Elvis. Well, maybe he's their bastard son, Mr. Kirk Hammett." "[Kirk] then proceeded to come out and play guitar on 'Sober'. I've never been partial to METALLICA, and for those of you who are, I'm sorry to report that Kirk damn near butchered the song. His drunken so-called 'solo' was particularly sloppy and completely extraneous. Only the band coming back through to thrash the rest of the song out extremely hard saved it. Then he totally tripped out and flustered Adam [Jones, TOOL guitarist] by grabbing him for his 'hug' and kissing him on the mouth! Only to return at the end of the show to the stage to perform the 'we're not worthy!' bow on his knees before the guys. At least he realizes."

I've never been partial to METALLICA, and for those of you who are, I'm sorry to report that Kirk damn near butchered the song
must be pretty bad that song has like 2 chords to it.