KISS box set- The track list

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
For the benefit of those interested that I haven't already emailed this to:

"November 20 is the release date for Kiss: The Box Set, a career-spanning anthology that features 94 Kiss band and solo recordings across five discs,including 30 previously unreleased band and solo demos, outtakes, and live recordings, including some from the pre-Kiss band Wicked Lester. The group
is offering the set in two configurations: a regular edition, with a
standard-issue boxed-set case, and a Special Deluxe Edition, which comes in a replica hard guitar case. Both include a 120-page book with track-by-track commentary and rare photos.

The complete tracklisting for Kiss: The Box Set includes:

Disc One - "Strutter" (demo), "Deuce" (demo), "Keep Me Waiting" (Wicked Lester), "She" (Wicked Lester), "Love Her All I Can" (Wicked Lester), "Let Me Know" (Bell Sound Studios demo), "100,000 Years" (Bell Sound Studios demo), "Stop, Look To Listen" (1968 Paul Stanley demo), "Leeta" (1969 Gene Simmons demo), "Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll" (Bell Sound Studios demo),
"Acrobat" (live at the Daisy), "Firehouse" (Bell Sound Studios demo), and the album tracks "Nothin' To Lose," "Black Diamond," "Hotter Than Hell,""Strange Ways," "Parasite," "Goin' Blind," "Anything For My Baby," "Ladies In Waiting," and "Rock And Roll All Nite."

Disc Two - live sessions of "C'mon And Love Me Live," "Rock Bottom," "Cold Gin," and "Watchin' You," "Doncha Hesitate" (demo), "Mad Dog" (demo), "God Of Thunder" (demo), "Great Expectations," "Beth," "Do You Love Me," "Bad, Bad Lovin'" (demo, an early version of "Calling Dr. Love"), "Calling Dr.
Love," "Mr. Speed" (demo), "Christine Sixteen," "Hard Luck Woman," "Shock Me," "I Stole Your Love," "I Want You" (recorded at a soundcheck), "Love Gun" (demo), and "Love Is Blind" (demo).

Disc Three - "Detroit Rock City," "King Of The Night Time World" (live), "Larger Than Life," "Rocket Ride," "Tonight You Belong To Me," "New York Groove," "Radioactive" (demo), "Don't You Let Me Down," "I Was Made For Lovin' You," "Sure Know Something," "Shandi," "You're All That I Want, You're All That I Need" (demo), "Talk To Me" (live), "A World Without Heroes," "The Oath," "Nowhere To Run," "Creatures Of The Night," "War Machine," and "I Love It Loud."

Disc Four - "Lick It Up," "All Hell's Breaking Loose," "Heaven's On Fire,""Get All You Can Take," "Thrills In The Night," "Tears Are Falling," "Uh! All Night," "Time Traveller" (demo), "Hell Or High Water," "Crazy, Crazy Nights," "Reason To Live," "Let's Put The X In Sex," "Hide Your Heart," "Ain't That Peculiar" (demo)," "Silver Spoon," and "Forever" (single version).

Disc Five - "God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You II," "Unholy," "Domino" (demo), "Every Time I Look At You," "Comin' Home" (live, from Unplugged), "Got To Choose" (live, from Unplugged), "I Still Love You" (live, from Unplugged), "Nothin' To Lose" (live, from Unplugged), "Childhood's End" (with coda), "I Will Be There," "Psycho Circus," "Into The Void," "Within," "I Pledge Allegiance To The State Of Rock & Roll," "Nothing Can Keep Me From You,"
"It's My Life" (original version), "Shout It Out Loud" (live), and "Rock And Roll All Night" from the still-unreleased Kiss Alive IV."

It all looks very promising, but it's obvious that there's enough rare or unreleased stuff left over to guarantee the release of another box set, or a few dozen more compilations in the not- too distant future. I can see Gene's eyes turning into cash registers already :).

W

I wonder how much my VISA will regret this.

(speaking of which - did you know VISA is a non-profit organisation?):err:

Whens it going to be released and have they said how much it will be?
Looks pretty good actually, I figured it would just be a cash in job, but theres loads of rareish stuff on it.

US release date is Nov 20. I'm guessing it will come out at around the same time in Australia. No idea about cost, but then again I don't really care :). I might even get the collector's edition if I feel like spoiling myself. It's on Universal BTW, the same label that will (eventually) release Alive IV.

W