Kitsch

Apr 12, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
www.myspace.com
what do you guys think of kitsch clothes? music? movies? the whole kitsch culture...

kitsch
n.

1. Sentimentality or vulgar, often pretentious bad taste, especially in the arts: “When money tries to buy beauty it tends to purchase a kind of courteous kitsch” (William H. Gass).
2. An example or examples of kitsch.

adj.

Of, being, or characterized by kitsch: “The kitsch kitchen... has aqua-and-white gingham curtains and rubber duck-yellow walls painted in a fried-egg motif” (Suzanne Cassidy).

anyone into this scene?

kitsch%20-%201.jpg

kitsch%20-%202.jpg

kitsch%20-%203.jpg

kitsch%20-%204.jpg

kitsch%20-%205.jpg

ehmm...this is classy kitch :ill:
you must see greek kitch to be convinced:ill: gold stuff,lots of colours on one cloth,flower-power :puke:
Most of greek people dress up very kitch i think.they either dress up in dead cheesy clothes,cheap looking(quality),lack of any personality,cheesy shoes etc ooooor they try to be dead *trendy* that they look kitcher than kitch in the end.They wear stuff just for the sake of it.they cant support what they wear.for the sake of fashion and that.
At the moment all boys look like gays with spiky hair(false punk style),useless trainers and standard gay trousers and shirts.
All girls wear fucshia blouses,colourful socks/tights (with focus on fuchsia always),cheesy leather pointy boots and have a frindge obligatori-ly:ill: some of them succeed to look decent but many of them dont :lol:
the reason for all this shit is one: they listen to pseudo-"greek" music =belly dance music,which is the most kitch style ever created :ill: especially when they mix it with "beat" its like :puke: this dance is to signal that "im horny come and fuck me" and it talks only about stupid loves and even stupider lovers :puke: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh sorry for the impatient post but i want to bite people when i think if this music and the lifestyle it represents.Its all lumpen and kitch ffsssss:(:(

om really up for frindges and colourful socks/tights,i collect them actually years now:lol: *hail sock shop* but when it becomes hip everyones at it and then you dont wanna have it anymore...

like my glasses:(:( i bought them about 6 years before when it was not so fashionable yet and today wherever you look in my school eeeeeeeevery girl(and boy)wears identical glasses!!!i feel sick.

and when s.o. wore a fuchsia blouse last year and a pink jacket they looked at him like he was an endangered species.this year all the shops are full of fuchsia and pink :Smug: its nerve-wrecking :p *blah blah blha* i think those people are kitch as a whole.

burn me now for having such a long tongue :(

sophia_booth.jpg

an anathema-fake pic :lol: posing stupidly

and
pink_chania.jpg

from Chania Rock festival you can see Good Son with the glasses ,Giwrgos hanging from above and Ad Infinitum on the right:)

pink power lolololo

for me its the same with red:ill: i loathe this colour.i love dark red though "bordeux" we call it;)

sound samples?:( i dont think they are any on sites and that.unless you search on kazaa for Antzela Dimitriou or Despina Vandi.These two are famous in Turkey too.no wonder why:ill:

i was just kiddin mate! I don't need to listen to it, for i think our national folk and pop music might be even more ridiculous! and i listened t othat stuff way enough!:ill:

there are no colours i hate. i love second hand kitsch. a friend of mine has a wooden ceiling and a friend bought her such a swiss barometer with a landscape and stuff. and those wooden boards with old sayings on it. this seventies picture of an eagle with under it `life is more than eating and fighting about power`

in turkish shops here in gent you can as well find the loveliest cheap kitschie presents, like golden clocks with maria or jesus in rays of light. or these silver spoon with little hearts. no matter how hard i try to keep my room sober... it just doesnt work.