Konkhra

Carcassian

Utopian Blaster
Oct 6, 2005
The Fens
I'm a big fan of the Danish group, and thought I'd take the time to "pimp" them, in an informative manner. Their first couple of albums (S.A.D. and Spit or Swallow) are plenty brutal takes on the Swedish sound, with a twist. They also released what is considered to have been the first live death metal album with "live eraser".

Some of you might know them from the "Weed out the Weak" album, which saw them progress to a more thrashy style of death, and featured ex-Machine Head drummer Chris Kontos on the skins.

The "Come Down Cold" album came out next, and featured a much less agressive, relaxed sound. Per Jensen (The Haunted) was on drums at this point, and reportedly kept the agression down by complaining that he didn't want to play agressive drums anymore!

The band regrouped to release "Reality Check", a truly pummeling death metal attack that harkened back to their glory days.

In the meantime, Anders Lundemark, the groups lead singer, released three albums with side group "Daemon" - the first, 7 deadly sins featured Ex-Entombed Drummer Nicke Anderson, and was written and recorded in a matter of days. It has a cool, barely rehearsed raw sunlight studios sound. "The second coming" was more blatant LHP-era Entombed worship, while most recent offering "Eye for an eye...and the world turns blind" was a concentrated dense death thrash attack, featuring the unholy skills of Gene Hoglan.

Anyone else got into Konkhra? Or purely didnt like them?

Anyway, my space is: http://www.myspace.com/konkhra

Website www.konkhra.com

Yes, this is a bit of promotion for a band I love, but I'm seeking genuine discussion about them too. Cheers! :kickass:

listening to the stuff off their myspace site now. not bad. not such a fan of the heaving vocals, but the first track musically was quite good.

will investigate further.

I will be sure to check it out Carc. You have never led me astray