KORN Bassist FIELDY Apparently Gets Face Tattoo Of Crucified Jesus

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch, his bandmate, KORN bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu, got a tattoo of Jesus on the cross on the left side of his face.Head posted a photo on Instagram earlier today (Friday, March 21) showing Fieldy's new face tattoo. Head wrote: "My boy Fieldy's new face tattoo… REPRESENTING."Fieldy's 2009 memoir, "Got The Life: My Journey Of Addiction, Faith, Recovery And Korn", details his struggles with drug and alcohol addiction during KORN's early years and how he became a born-again Christian to help get his life together and get sober.In an interview with NewReleaseTuesday.com, Fieldy was asked if he ever reached a point, as many others have, where he thought God couldn't forgive him. "You know, I didn’t have that problem," he said. "Now that I believe in God, it's obvious He's almighty. He created the universe. Because He created something so big, my biggest problems are so small to Him! Once you realize that Jesus died on the cross and forgave you of your sins, you're like, 'Wow, somebody did that for me!' It's pretty crazy to know that someone died for us — yet we're all sinners! I've done so many things and asked for His forgiveness. But even today, I know I'm still going to fall short in certain ways. I'm still a work in progress."Fieldy also spoke about what life out on the road with KORN is like, now that he is clean and sober. "When I'm out on the road, I have to rethink and reschedule everything I do," he said. "I started planning my schedule during the day because I've realized there's nothing out there at night. There's nothing that comes out of it, except a bunch of people partying. The conversations are such a waste of time that I've decided to do positive things during the day. Now, I'll go out and see the city we're in while on tour, or I'll get up and go work out, or make music during the day. I've just replaced my old lifestyle by doing all kinds of things that are rewarding."Welch abruptly quit KORN in early 2005 and announced that he had been saved by Jesus Christ. His announcement in front of 10,000 people in Bakersfield, California set off a media frenzy, as people from around the world sought to understand what led this rock star into the "light."Welch rejoined KORN for a live performance in May 2012 before officially becoming part of the lineup again in early 2013.

More...