KORN Guitarist BRIAN 'HEAD' WELCH Celebrates 47th Birthday Onstage In Albuquerque (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to the Lubbock, Texas radio station KFMX, KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch celebrated his 47th birthday onstage Sunday night (June 18) during the group's concert the Isleta Amphitheater in Albuquerque, New Mexico. And even though Monday (June 19) is officially Head's birthday, KORN has today off so Welch's bandmates sang him a birthday song last night instead. Bringing out the cake on stage was singer Corey Taylor from the support act STONE SOUR. Check out video footage below (credit: Lubbock photographer Ruben Saldana). Welch left KORN in 2005 after becoming a Christian and returned to the band eight years later. He chronicled his decision to leave KORN in his first book, 2008's "Save Me From Myself: How I Found God, Quit Korn, Kicked Drugs, And Lived To Tell My Story". Welch rejoined KORN for a handful of live performances in 2012 before officially becoming part of the lineup again in early 2013. KORN and STONE SOUR kicked off their joint summer tour on June 16 at the USANA Amphitheatre in Salt Lake City, Utah. The trek will continue through early August. KORN's latest album, "The Serenity Of Suffering", came out at the end of October. The track "A Different World" features a guest appearance from SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor. Video credit: Lubbock photographer Ruben Saldana

Continue reading...