KORN Guitarist Interviewed On Reno's ROCK 104.5 (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Jon "Fatguy" Marté of Reno's rock station Rock 104.5 conducted an interview with KORN guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer at the Aftershock festival, which is taking place September 14-15 at Discovery Park in Sacramento, California. You can now watch the chat below.KORN's new album, "The Paradigm Shift", is due on October 8 via Prospect Park. The follow-up to 2011's "The Path Of Totality" features the return of guitarist Brian "Head" Welch to the lineup after more than eight years away. His last album with the band was 2003's "Take A Look In The Mirror".Singer Jonathan Davis told The Pulse Of Radio what the experience was like having Welch back in the studio, making this record extra special. "'Untouchables' used to be my favorite, but this one's mine now," he said. "You know, it's just all those years of work and being able to be in a band this long with the guys. And having Head back bringing, you know, that old chemistry back with him with Munky on the rock side and I was on the electronic side. It was good having the compromise on both sides. It was just good for the creative process, I think."Songs on the new set, which was recorded with producer Don Gilmore (LINKIN PARK, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, LACUNA COIL) at Buck Owens' studio in KORN's original hometown Bakersfield and at Los Angeles's famed NRG Recording Studios, include first single "Never Never", "Prey For Me", "Spike In My Veins", "Mass Hysteria", "Paranoid And Aroused" and "Victimized".

More...