KORN's RAY LUZIER: Rock And Metal Will Never Die

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Houston Rock TV conducted an interview with KORN drummer Ray Luzier during this past summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. You can now watch the chat below. Speaking about the state of the rock and metal scene, Luzier said: "Rock and metal, everything has its twists and turns. Everyone says it's gonna die. It never will die. There's too many lovers of rock and metal out there. There's no way they'll ever… It's never gonna die — ever. So it's just gonna through its twists and turns. But for the most part… "Look at us: on our last record, we went as far as going to dub step. And that's what I love about being in KORN, 'cause we're not afraid to go off the deep end, as long as we believe in it and we're passionate about it. "We gained a lot of fans off 'The Path Of Totality' and we pissed off a lot of the old-school fans. And when [guitarist] Head got back [into the band], we kind of had this [vision] for 'The Paradigm Shift' [to re-introduce more of] the metal [vibe] and [we] sprinkled elements of [other influences on top of it]. "I'm a huge fan of IRON MAIDEN and METALLICA and AC/DC, but you pretty much know what their next record is gonna sound like. That's the formula, and you know what?! It appeals to the fans, so why change it? "KORN is always gonna sound like KORN, whether we do a country record or dub step record." KORN will release a limited-edition 300-page hardcover book including photos from the archives paired with brand new notes and commentary from the members. From the stage to the dressing room to the recording studio, you’ll have unlimited access to everything that went into the band’s career so far. As previously reported, former KORN drummer David Silveria posted a message on Facebook in which he thanked the band's fans on the 20th anniversary of the release of their self-titled debut album, while also apologizing that he won't be able to celebrate by performing on the group's upcoming tour. Silveria wrote, "To all the KORN fans around the world, I want to thank you with all of my heart for all of the success. Without the fans, KORN would just be a hobby." He continued, "As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of our debut release, I can't believe it's been 20 long years. I'm sorry to all of the fans that I couldn't be there on tour to celebrate the anniversary, but that's just the way it goes." Silveria was the second member of KORN's original lineup to depart, leaving in late 2006. Brian "Head" Welch exited the group in 2005 and continued working as a solo artist until rejoining KORN last year. Silveria retired to Huntington Beach, California and opened a restaurant.

More...