KORPIKLAANI Frontman's JONNE Signs With MASSACRE RECORDS

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Massacre Records has announced the signing of JONNE. The group was formed by Jonne Järvelä of KORPIKLAANI as a solo project, which soon morphed and developed into a full band. Wanting to do something that was musically different and away from Järvelä's main band, JONNE is pure shamanistic folk music. Jonne comments: "An idea about the solo album struck me almost two years ago, when the early sketches of the songs begun to take shape. I immediately realized that the material wasn't going to match KORPIKLAANI's style. Those pieces had firmly grown on me and I wanted to release them under my own name.”From starting out as a solo idea, it fast grew into a real band, accompanied by nine other musicians from the Finnish folk and metal music scene, featuring members of AMORPHIS, SHAPE OF DESPAIR, WABANAG and OCEANWAKE. JONNE's self-titled album will be released on July 24.Recording lineup: * Jonne Järvelä - Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Violafon, Hurdy Gurdy, Mandolin, Kantele + Percussion* Natalie Koskinen - Vocals* Yovan Nagwetch - Vocals, Flutes + Percussion* Eero Haula - Vocals* Ante Aiko - Vocals* Pinja Lintonen / Tero Hyväluoma - Fiddles* Toni Perttula - Accordion* Santeri Kallio - Keyboards* Juho Kauppinen - Acoustic Guitars* Jussi Rautio - Acoustic Guitars* Jan Rechberger - Drums & Percussion* Matti Karjalainen - Upright Bass
jonnesoloalbum.jpg

More...