Kris Crummett?

gotet10

Learner
Jan 12, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've always been really into most of the stuff that this dude has produced and I didn't even know he did half of it until recently.

I read on his Wiki that he mastered The Devil Wears Prada's Dear Love album :confused:

Is this a true statement or is it just more wiki bullshit?

A lot of the newer stuff that he's put out (Sleeping With Sirens, Eyes Like Diamonds, Dance Gavin Dance) have all had REALLY solid drum tracks to me.

These kicks just sound incredible to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
True.

2i0pzbt.jpg

Kris is one of my favorites right now.

PMToday, Tides of Man, new DGD are all amazing.
but I have to admit, the new SWS production sucks in comparison to his other work. So I thought it was kind of funny that you posted a song be them.

Im really impressed with his bass tracks, especially on DGD material. Shits pops through and you feel the groove.

Kris is one of my favorites right now.

PMToday, Tides of Man, new DGD are all amazing.
but I have to admit, the new SWS production sucks in comparison to his other work. So I thought it was kind of funny that you posted a song be them.

I just really really like the kicks on SWS, but I do agree that DGD and PMToday are better. I'm looking forward to the new Alesana CD. The Lower Definition full length is still one of my favorites.

His best recording project I feel is Emarosas Relativity. But musically I enjoy the songwriting on Tides Of Mans Dreamhouse. They sounded really close to the recording during live shows too.

You guys should check out Artifex Pereo, I think they're pretty awesome.
There are some studio vids on youtube which show them recording in the studio with Crummett.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually exchanged emails with him about the production of It Prevails "The Inspiration". Cool guy, he was willing to give some info. I love that albums sound and I love what he did with American Me "Heat". That album sounds like pure anger.

I actually exchanged emails with him about the production of It Prevails "The Inspiration". Cool guy, he was willing to give some info. I love that albums sound and I love what he did with American Me "Heat". That album sounds like pure anger.

Care to share plz? :)

Sure thing man, here's from a thread I posted last year.

"The guitars are a Les Paul with emg 81's. The amp was a block letter 5150. The cab was a 79' Marshall 1960a with Celestion G12-65 speakers in it. The mics were a Royer R121 and an SM57 right on the cab.

The bass, was a Fender Jazz Bass in to a Bass pod. Any distortion was a tube screamer.

Yeah. You're welcome to post what ever.

Most of the big sounding lead parts on the record are my modified 1979 Marshall JMP. The cab was a 70's Marshall slant with g12m 25w black back celestions. Same mic set up.

I'm pretty sure all the guitar parts were doubled.

-Kris

Heat is still my favorite crummett mix ever. I was wondering why Siberian Nightmare Machine sounded so similar but different. I knew that it was the same place, but stephen hawkes had that record. and Heat's mix KILLS it. So amazed!