La Raza Artwork Revealed - New Single Posted

SOBiby

The Legendary Saru Ookami
Jun 1, 2008
BBNY
www.youtube.com

La Raza album cover and first single have been unleashed!
Armored Saint posts first single and artwork for new album, “La Raza”!

Los Angeles - Armored Saint has unveiled the cover art and the first single from their first new album since 2001, La Raza! The album’s foundation was laid back in 2008 when Joey Vera and John Bush began writing new material for what would become La Raza and the album was completed in December at Tranzformer Studios in Burbank, CA. The album was produced by bassist Joey Vera, and engineered by Bryan Carlstrom and his assistant John Nuss. Recording was mostly done with analog equipment and the final album mix was delivered on 1 inch tape. This gives La Raza the most organic sound as possible. Fans can finally hear the first single, Left Hook From Right Field, at the Arnored Saint Myspace page.

To complete the package, the band employed photographer Stephanie Cabral and Metal Blade’s own Brian Ames. Joey Vera comments further, “Metal Blade is doing a really cool digi pack package for us. We felt like the city of Los Angeles is such a big part of our fabric that we wanted to use that in the design of the artwork. So with the help of our good friend and photographer Stephanie Cabral and Brian Ames from the Metal Blade art department, we came up with a really cool package that represents our band and the music on this record. We also wanted to incorporate a 'green' action by leaving out the plastic CD tray and using recycled paper. The result is a classy and poignant package.”

La Raza will be available everywhere on March 16th, 2010.

myspace.com/armoredsaint1

John Bush sounds his best where he belongs - this album is gonna slay!

Question for you all: will it be available as a download, either from iTunes or elsewhere? We don't have a good record store in town, so this will probably be my only option to hear it on the release date.

Awesome with the new single!

I can´t tell though what the name is about. Assuming it has to do with baseboll, I would not be able to figure out what is being meant.

Someone care to explain what a left hook from right field is? ;-)

Thanks!:headbang:

Awesome with the new single!

I can´t tell though what the name is about. Assuming it has to do with baseboll, I would not be able to figure out what is being meant.

Someone care to explain what a left hook from right field is? ;-)

Thanks!:headbang:

As best as I can tell, the song is about religion. Left hook is a boxing term, and right field....is well....right field. I guess the analogy (I get) is the sucker punching (and holier than thou attitude) the religious right (get it?) deal out to everyone else, and come across as superior.

Great song, great lyrics again. Bush sounds great.:kickass:

Can anyone tell me if this is gonna be released through iTunes or Amazon music? I need this as soon as it drops! Our local record store sux, and I would like to hear this the day of its release.

Thanks!:kickass: