Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied Pt.2

May 17, 2005
Chicago, IL
I just saw this on Labyrinth's website: http://www.labyrinthband.com/home.html

Labyrinth: REUNION and RETURN TO HEAVEN DENIED PART 2 !!!

Labyrinth are ready to enter the studios again,
and this time it will be a special occasion to celebrate,
as the original line up is finally back together!
After a long time, Olaf, Andrea and Roberto
are working again together to the new album,
and will soon enter the studios to record the long
awaited Return to Heaven Denied Pt.2,
follower of the acclaimed album
which made their name be one of the most well known
ones into Power Metal scene.

You wanted it, you asked for it, you waited for it. Now you will have it.

We are ready to return to the heaven denied...

This is fantastic news. Return to Heaven Denied is one of my top 5 albums of all time. This is the one band that hasn't played PP yet that I want to the most. (I would say Nocturnal Rites, but their playing next year and I already seen them at Chicago Powerfest).

I would love to see Labyrinth, especially with Olaf. I would rather see them on the PP lineup but I guess the Showcase would be fine if it meant seeing them.

I hate when bands do this. The sequel NEVER lives up to the notoriety of the original.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong, though.

I've enjoyed everything Labyrinth has ever done, but most especially RtHD.

That being said, I'll be drop dead STUNNED if this album truly warrants that namesake!

Much like Helloween, Gamma Ray, and Queensryche, I see this more as a nostalgia trip to their peak album rather than an expectation for what to expect musically.

I'm always interested in a new Labyrinth album, but honestly.... My expectations are no higher for this than if they had called it anything else.....

I agree with you. Queensryche!!

I really like the past couple of Labyrinth CDs so hopefully this new one will at least be decent. I'm not expecting this to be as good as the original, but for me the big news is that Labyrinth is not dead and Olaf is back!!!

RTHD is really the only Labyrinth disc I've liked. I have liked Olaf's stuff with VD pretty well. With the old gang being back together it would the perfect time to see them at a Prog Power USA.

Britt

Of course it probably won't be as good as the original, but it will at least be better than well, everything since Return to Heaven Denied.

And there have been better sequels: Bat Out of Hell II.

Of course it probably won't be as good as the original, but it will at least be better than well, everything since Return to Heaven Denied.

I dunno...... I thought "Freeman" was excellent, although the production was decidedly odd for the genre. The s/t was pretty solid too.

I'll be happy of Part II is on par with those two albums. (I hope better than "Sons of Thunder", however!)

Phenomenal news! These guys MUST play this festival in the future. Have been wanting to see them for over ten years. A true leader in the genre. Now, with Olaf back in the fold, I expect even better outputs going forward.

An absolute no-brainer in my mind. I have been dying to see these guys and obviously Glenn... or Shane... will be my only hope of ever seeing this great band here in the states.

If somehow they are announced for next years Showcase as the headliner, I will lose my mind and that will solidify next years overall line-up for me.

It's about time these guys get the recognition they deserve.:kickass:

Shane, make it happen!!!!! If not, what a great 4 spot (headliner in my opinion) for PP XII.

Looking forward to this new album!

I dunno...... I thought "Freeman" was excellent, although the production was decidedly odd for the genre. The s/t was pretty solid too.

Phenomenal news! These guys MUST play this festival in the future. Have been wanting to see them for over ten years. A true leader in the genre. Now, with Olaf back in the fold, I expect even better outputs going forward.

nightwish58 said:
what a great 4 spot (headliner in my opinion) for PP XII

+1 on all accounts

I hate when bands do this. The sequel NEVER lives up to the notoriety of the original.

Good example would be KING DIAMOND's "Abigail II" release. What a turd that was, the effectiveness equivilant to the movie Caddyshack II.

We are ready to return to the heaven denied...

This is fantastic news. Return to Heaven Denied is one of my top 5 albums of all time..

I agree. Though "all time" top 5 would be tough for me, I could say it is my top five of the 90's ;)

BTW, my favorite Labyrinth CD's go in this order:

1.) Labyrinth - (1998) Return To Heaven Denied
2.) Labyrinth - (2003) Labyrinth
3.) Labyrinth - (1996) No Limits
4.) Labyrinth - (2000) Sons of Thunder

*** NOTE: For fans of Labyrinth vocalist Roberto Tiranti - Roberto Tiranti performs all vocals on the "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Headrush/dp/B0007NB9MI"]Headrush - (2005) Headrush[/ame]" release. It's more hard rock-ish but I like it. To me Roberto is right up there with Ray Alder when it comes to conveying emotion via the vocal instrument.

*** NOTE: For fans of Labyrinth vocalist Roberto Tiranti - Roberto Tiranti performs all vocals on the "Headrush - (2005) Headrush" release. It's more hard rock-ish but I like it. To me Roberto is right up there with Ray Alder when it comes to conveying emotion via the vocal instrument.

Thank you for the tip, Roberto kicks ass, I am looking for Headrush music right now!!!!

My Labyrinth top 5:
1.) Labyrinth - (1998) Return To Heaven Denied.
2.) Labyrinth - (2000) Sons of Thunder[/B]
3.) Labyrinth - (2003) Labyrinth.
4.) Labyrinth - (1996) No Limits.
5.) Labyrinth - (2005) Freeman.

They are all good anyways! :headbang:

As much as I disliked 6 Days to Nowhere, I'd like to see them play. I've liked everything they've done between RtHD and Freeman.

I'll be happy of Part II is on par with those two albums. (I hope better than "Sons of Thunder", however!)

Is there a drop on track 3 on that CD? The track doesn't finish, it just stops and goes on to track 4......is the same happening on your copy?? It is not a scratch or anything!!!

2nd rate power metal, decent band, Return to Heaven Denied is hands down their best moment, and with that lineup intact, it certainly is good news. With the recent curse of bands dropping off PP at a late hour (for whatever the reason) they just may be there next year as a last minute fill-in...who knows?...

Is there a drop on track 3 on that CD? The track doesn't finish, it just stops and goes on to track 4......is the same happening on your copy?? It is not a scratch or anything!!!

It does that on my copy also. The way that it kind of 'skips' and then ends, I always just assumed they did that on purpose.

Freeman is probably my second favorite Labyrinth cd with Sons on Thunder and ST following. 6 Days to Nowhere is a little weird but after a few time listening to it it grew on me. I really don't count No Limits since I really don't like Fabio's voice.