Lacuna Coil finished their new album.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
WE FINISHED TO WORK ON THE RECORDING/MIXING/MASTERING SESSIONS OF OUR LAST ALBUM...!!! 'KARMACODE' IS READY!!!

The new effort is being co-produced once again with Waldemar Sorychta and LACUNA COIL and mixed by the acclaimed Ronald Prent (Rammstein, H.I.M., Iron Maiden) and mastered by Darcy Proper (Steely Dan, Porcupine Tree, R.E.M.) at Galaxy Studios in Belgium. An early 2006 release is expected.

Andrea Ferro (vocals) describes the meaning behind the album's unique title: "When it came to coming up with an album title I wanted to combine one 'old' word that is spiritually connected with another that offers a link to our more 'modern' times. If there were an actual translation of Karmacode it would be something like 'spiritual DNA and the message behind it'. The title attempts to balance our modern, overwhelming, self-centered, fast-paced lifestyles and the desire we all have to live a more spiritual, more compassionate and more fulfilling life.

I will watch this one closely. I'm afraid all that Ozzpest and touring with mallcore bands may have affected their quality, hope to be wrong.

about time they finished.. i hope they include more italian or half italian/half english songs.. i love how she sings in italian... ala the song Comalies..

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
about time they finished.. i hope they include more italian or half italian/half english songs.. i love how she sings in italian... ala the song Comalies..

Right. 'Senzafine' from UM is one of my favorite songs from them, maybe because of my cultural baggage but I love Italian.

NP: Grave Digger - 'Shoot Her Down'

From Blabbermouth, I believe:

In a recent interview with Decibel magazine, Lacuna Coil frontwoman Cristina Scabbia had the following to say about the upcoming CD:

"The album is a trip through different spiritualities, not specific religions. We wanted to analyze how religion and spirituality can in our day coexist. Look at the title — we mix something generally spiritual like 'karma' with 'code,' which is modern and recent concept. The word is modern and spiritual at once.

"The music is the same and we did not change or become a different kind of band. It's an evolution, and it's precise. We spent three years on the road, visiting new territories, like the U.S., so we took different American influences and we mixed them with our European sound. We take the power of American bands and blend it with the romanticism and passion from Europe, so it's an interesting combination."

In other news, Pollstar.com is currently listing a Lacuna Coil show with Sevendust on February 26, 2006 at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, California. It is not presently clear if Lacuna Coil will play any additional dates with Sevendust.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
We spent three years on the road, visiting new territories, like the U.S., so we took different American influences and we mixed them with our European sound

Yeah I read that one too (but in Spanish, so I couldn't find the English quote :D) and something tells me that American influence is not Blue Oyster Cult, Riot or Solitude Aeturnus

I believe like Sixxi that they have gone mallcore :yuk: most probably :erk:

Wyvern said:
I will watch this one closely. I'm afraid all that Ozzpest and touring with mallcore bands may have affected their quality, hope to be wrong.

I actually think they will stay true to their style. I hope I am right. I am hoping more of an "Unleashed Memories" style release though. I don't think they faltered on Comalies, stylewise, but rather songwriting was better on UM.

Bryant

Bryant said:
. I don't think they faltered on Comalies, stylewise, but rather songwriting was better on UM.

Bryant

Agree totally and I also hope you are right and they stay truth to themselves.

NP: Alex Skolnick - 'No One Like You'

Bryant said:
You have a soft spot for Lacuna Coil ? You are my kinda man. Send me a picture of your butt, Vern ... ^____^

Bryant

I started with LC when they promoted themselves via MP3.com. I bought their debut and hadn't stopped since. I even chat with them once and I'm part of the US Fan club :lol: Really, I know a guy in Italy (Mizhard) who befriends the webmaster of the Italian Fan club (Darkmind) so after made the connection Darky sent me the official LC card and a letter.

Sadly I lost contact after a while but still love their music and especially Lillo my love :Spin:

I'll PM the pic :D

sixxswine said:
I think they have gone "modern metal" I hope they still have enough of their old sound left.... Who knows it might become a mainstream hit?!

I am mesmerized by that girl seductively dancing and moving her ass Sixx LoL .... :loco: