Lacuna Coil

bleedingfilth

Lost Pet Needs Home
Jun 24, 2002
www.fadetoblack.com
I know this has nothing to do with Katatonia but:
I just got the Comalies box yesterday, and I have to say...this cd is INCREDIBLE. As of now, I'd have to say my favorite tracks are Tight Rope and Heaven's A Lie. A great thing about Lacuna Coil is that they have matured greatly with each and every album they've put out.
The first thing I did when I got the CD was put it in my computer for some sexy pictures of Cristina and an inside glimpse at the making of the album. The little mini "movie" runs a little over 6 minutes and is filled with some really funny moments. Mmm....Andrea, Marco, and Cristiano Mozzati working out to aerobics on television....:lol:

Gotta love that!
I just thought that this was such a great cd, that I wanted to share my praise for it.
Thanks to everyone for listening to my babble :p

lcoilpic1.jpg

You know of anywhere I could download a song or sample?

Edit: Nevermind, found two songs, "To myself I turned" and "Falling"

The first one was pretty good, better than Falling. Not really my kind of music, though.. maybe when I listen to it some more :p

Yeah It's an incredible album! I enjoy Heaven's a Lie or Tight Rope the mst though! Awesome work! And funny a girl should mention that Christina's a babe, cos she really is :p

that album was really good when i got it, and then stepped up a level when they played the songs live last week. the title track, the 8th track and lost lullaby (the bonus track) are brilliant. along with the rest of the album...

Okay, I've only got one LC album, but To Myself I Turned and Falling are my favourite songs from it. :headbang: Cristina's voice is SOOOOOOOOO sexy.

To Myself I Turned and Falling Again are from "In A Reverie" :).
I have all of the Lacuna Coil albums except the Halflife EP, but it's included on Unleashed Memories as a bonus. :).
I still wanna get it though. I've been checking ebay every now and again but no luck yet :(.

Edit: krapylet: You should check out some of the stuff from Unleashed Memories.

IE: 1:19, When A Dead Man Walks, Distant Sun, or Hyperfast from the Halflife EP. :)

Originally posted by On the Edge of Forever
I've only got the S/T EP, the one good thing they released before they ended up in the sea of mediocrity.

I wouldn't say that at all!! I'm far from being a huge fan of LC, but not only are they original (IMO), they're extremely talented, and I can appreciate that in any metal group, whether I like the sound of it or not. I just happen to really enjoy the albums I do have of Lacuna Coil, especially In A Reverie...

I believe Unleashed Memories was the first one I ever bought. The first Lacuna Coil song I heard though was "My Wings" from In A Reverie.

CAPTIAN SUPPOSITORY!!!! DA DA DA!!

Yeah! That was the first song I heard too (off of a Century Media Identity comp album). After that, as soon as I saw it a store, I picked it right away... at first I was disappointed because I was expecting the similar heaviness throughout the album, but that wasn't the case... but the album grew on me real fast.

The first LC song I heard was "Shallow End", which was on a sampler disk that came free with Rotting Christ's "A dead poem". The song was supposed to be on their debut ep, but it got cut, and to be honest I'm glad they went the direction they did. I used to really love that song, but it's a total ripoff of that Paradise Lost song on Gothic (y'know, the famous one with the female vocals that 9 million other bands have since ripped off).

Cool band, their heavier moments are my favourite, and I wish they made more use of the guys vocals, he must get bored live....

:lol: Yea, I bet he does. Like Vibeke from Tristania...at least Andrea doesn't do those weird arm flinging dances like she does. hehe. Ahh well...Tristania is an amazing band. Maybe Andrea does Aerobics on stage while Cristina sings? :p

Speaking of Tristania, I was listening to Sirenia yesterday (it's basically the same band, after all ;)), my father walks in and turns it up, made the comment that they sounded quite good :lol: It was fortunate that it was during a part where Morten wasn't growling, just clean male/female/and choir parts (he doesn't like growling, which is understandable- he heard Immortal once and was like "what do you see in this?" :D ).
Tristania also annoy me in the way they underuse Vibeke, although they remedied that somewhat on the last album, hopefully they'll keep it up.