LACUNA COIL'S NEW ALBUM TITLE AND RELEASE DATES REVEALED!!!!

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
Just read this on Cristina Scabbia's MySpace blog:

Cristina Scabbia said:
My dear friends,
I'm so, so excited to announce that LACUNA COIL’s much anticipated new album, "Shallow Life“, will be released on the following dates:

Europe: April 20th, 2009
North America: April 21st, 2009

Check the news!!!

“Shallow Life” was produced by Don Gilmore (Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte) at NRG Studios L.A. where renowned artists such as Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, The Used, Slayer, Papa Roach, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, and many, many more worked on some of their landmark albums.

LACUNA COIL comment on “Shallow Life” as follows:

Cristina Scabbia:
"’Shallow Life’ is a natural metamorphosis from within the band; we explored different musical territories while maintaining our own style. A mix of old and new, fast and slow... light and dark.
The album production is incredibly powerful and has a beautiful purity to it. Hopefully listeners will feel the same sort of connection that we have to these songs. It would be great to think that we have produced songs that will make anybody either think, smile or cry.
‘Shallow Life’ has forced us to challenge ourselves. It represents the way we see ourselves in the days we live in through truth, love and lies.”

Andrea Ferro:
"’Shallow Life’ is just a mirror of what you see out there, it's something you should first see inside of you. It's a new cycle of songs and it's more clearly ourselves."

The release of the album will be supported by the Music As A Weapon IV Tour (http://www.musicasaweapon4.com) which is going to be THE major North American tour for the 1st half of 2009. The four bands performing on the mainstage are Disturbed, Killswitch Engage, Chimaira and LACUNA COIL. Still, this is set out to be more than just a tour, because there will be a tattoo and music festival with a 2nd stage and additional bands playing as well as an extreme sports exhibition including Freestyle and Half Pipe from top action sports stars. Some of the world's major league tattoo artists will be joined by some of the top local ones in each individual market.

However, LACUNA COIL’s European fans will just need to wait a tiny little longer before the band will play several major European festivals which will be announced shortly.

Thus, stay tuned for updates!

Visit Cristina's myspace here - www.myspace.com/cristinascabbia
and Lacuna Coil's myspace here - www.myspace.com/lacunacoil

The band was also recently confirmed for Wacken 2009 and the Graspop Festival in Belgium.

I'm really excited for this upcoming release, but I'm not sure how I feel about this:
“Shallow Life” was produced by Don Gilmore (Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte) at NRG Studios L.A.
I won't judge it 'till I hear it of course, but using a producer who's worked on a lot of Pop Punk and Radio RapMetal, doesn't exactly make my face light up. I suppose we shall see.

Anyone got a promo of this or have an opinion on the new songs?

Lacuna Coil
Music As A Weapon IV w/ Disturbed, Killswitch Engage & Chimaira

03/20 Alliant Energy Center – Madison, Wisconsin
03/21 McCelroy Arena – Waterloo, Iowa
03/23 Ford Center – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
03/25 The Fillmore – Denver, Colorado
03/28 Jobbing.Com – Phoenix, Arizona
03/29 Tingley Auditorium – Albuquerque, New Mexico
03/31 Nokia Theatre – Dallas, Texas
04/01 Hartmann Arena – Wichita, Kansas
04/03 Centurytel Center – Bossier City, Louisiana
04/04 Riverfest Amphitheater – Little Rock, Arkansas
04/05 Uno Lakefront – New Orleans, Louisiana
04/07 Pensacola Civic Center – Pensacola, Florida
04/08 Gwinnnett – Atlanta, Georgia
04/11 Amway Arena – Orlando, Florida
04/13 Bojangles Coliseum – Charlotte, North Carolina
04/14 1st Mariner Arena – Baltimore, Maryland
04/15 Tsongas Arena – Lowell, Massachusetts
04/17 Bryce Jordan Center – State College, Pennsylvania
04/18 Cumberland County Civic Center – Portland, Maine
04/20 Erie Civic Center – Erie, Pennsylvania
04/21 Izod Center – East Rutherford, New Jersey
04/22 Arena at Harbor Yard – Bridgeport, Connecticut
04/24 Crown Coliseum – Fayetteville, North Carolina
04/25 Sovereign Center – Reading, Pennsylvania
04/27 Glens Falls Civic Center – Glens Falls, New York
04/28 Petersen Center – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
04/30 Kellogg Arena – Battle Creek, Michigan
05/02 Cobo Arena –Detroit, Michigan
05/03 The Wolstein Center – Cleveland, Ohio
05/05 Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
05/06 Peoria Civic Center – Peoria, Illinois
05/08 Target Center – Minneapolis, Minnesota
05/09 Balloon Classic Field – Des Moines, Iowa
05/10 Resch Center – Green Bay, Wisconsin
05/12 Lacrosse Center – Lacrosse, Wisconsin
05/13 Roberts Stadium – Evansville, Indiana
05/15 Mid America Center – Council Bluffs, Iowa
05/16 Charter One Pavillion – Chicago, Illinois

http://www.lacunaco il.it/
http://www.myspace. com/lacunacoil
http://www.youtube. com/lacunacoil

Detritus said:
There is no doubt that one of the most anticipated new releases of 2009 is SHALLOW LIFE, the eagerly awaited new studio album from Italian sensation Lacuna Coil. Recorded with acclaimed producer Don Gilmore (Avril Lavigne, Linkin Park, Pearl Jam) at the famed NRG Studios in Los Angeles, the first full-length studio album since the 2006 release KARMACODE is undeniably a huge step forward in the band's musical evolution and promises to be well worth the wait. In order to already give you a taste of the things to come, Lacuna Coil posted the first song "Spellbound" on it MySpace (click below). SHALLOW LIFE will be released in the U.S. April 21st.

Listen to "Spellbound" on the Official Lacuna Coil MySpace Now!

http://www.myspace. com/lacunacoil

Very nice! Pretty catchy too! I know a lot of folks out there feel that the first two albums were the best, but I always liked Comalies and Karamacode. I was skeptical at first because of the producer's previous endeavors, but after hearing the single I have good feelings about Shallow Life. I'm very much looking forward to this album coming out in April! :headbang:

Just saw this in Detritus:

Lacuna Coil Premieres New Video For "Spellbound"

Italy's greatest musical export, Lacuna Coil, has returned with the massively anticipated, new full-length release, SHALLOW LIFE, which is set for an April 21st North American release. The album was recorded with acclaimed producer Don Gilmore (Avril Lavigne, Linkin Park, Pearl Jam) at the famed NRG Studios in Los Angeles. The group recently completed a stunning new video for the Active Rock smash hit "Spellbound" that was shot in their hometown of Milan, Italy at D&G Gold. The clip was directed by Saku, produced by Apnea Film and wardrobe was provided by Dolce & Gabbana. Click below to watch the
video on YouTube!

Cristina Scabbia (vocals) comments: "Hello to all the rockers out there. We're currently in Denver on the 'Music As A Weapon IV' tour and we're having a great time. It's just amazing for us to be able to test some of the new songs in front of so many new people and to see such great reactions.

"We had a great time shooting the video for 'Spellbound' and it also marks our first time working with acclaimed Italian director Saku in a location that's really peculiar. It was filmed in a very fashionable place: the restaurant 'Gold' located in Milan, Italy, which is owned by the fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana, who kindly gave us the permission to film over there!

"The location provides the perfect atmosphere to express the SHALLOW LIFE theme. Everything is really shiny and 'bling bling' and the band is performing in the middle of a golden room full of mirrors and giant chandeliers. "The story is rounded out by some actors that are interpreting different aspects of being under a spell of something:
the girl obsessed by her weight and look, the guy who wants to be a superman, the politician, etc. We can't wait for you guys to see it and give us your impressions on the new album. See you all soon."

An incredible, specially priced SHALLOW LIFE pre-order package is now exclusively available through CMDistro.com and this is a must for all diehard fans. The limited number package includes the SHALLOW LIFE CD, an 8x10 glossy band photo, a guitar pick, SHALLOW LIFE cover sticker and a choice between a Lacuna Coil necklace or belt buckle. NOTE: All materials included are exclusive to this pre-order and can't be found anywhere else. Be sure to hurry as supplies are limited.

Fans can now also rejoice as Lacuna Coil are performing some new material on this spring's "Music As A Weapon IV" festival. Lacuna Coil joins such hard rock titans as Disturbed and Killswitch Engage crisscrossing the U.S. before finishing May 16th. The 38-city "Music As A Weapon IV" fest marks the group's first run of North America in almost two years. Feel free to visit the newly revamped MySpace page to view their complete touring itinerary.

http://www.myspace.com/lacunacoil

Click to Watch the New Video from Lacuna Coil for "Spellbound" !

http://www.youtube.com/centurymedia

It's a decent video in my opinion. Nothing really special, fairly typical LC style video, some interesting camera angles, but generally it's just them in what appears to be a ballroom performing in formal attire. I'm still digging the single, but it's initial effect is wearing thin. I'm hoping for some more solid tracks on the new album.

Anyone else heard/seen this yet? What do you think?