LAETHORA Completes Recording Second Album -

La Rocque

I am that I am
May 22, 2004
an exit to eternal summer slacking
LAETHORA, the Swedish death/grind band featuring DARK TRANQUILLITY guitarist Niklas Sundin, has finished recording its second album, "The Light In Which We All Burn", for a late spring/early summer release. The group says, "Some previous statements have included information about Roberto Laghi, whom we've previously worked with, and that he would be doing the mixing of the album. This will not be the case. Due to illness and other unfortunate events delaying the recording process, we made the decision to do the mixing ourselves. Both Roberto and we were a bit sad that we couldn't work together again, but sometimes one cannot foresee life's odd interventions. To say the least, this recording process has been more than strenouos, but as they say; when the going gets tough, the tough get going...
"Anyway, we're looking at 13 songs to be mixed at Sonores/Gesperrt Studios.
"As with all great mixes we'll be taking some time off before digging into it all in order to regain some enthusiasm (and hearing), but we can assure you that the final product will blow you away! If you thought [2007's] 'March of the Parasite' was dark and evil, just wait until you hear this one!"

Can we get the artwork/tracklisting before everyone else?

I think we're the most excited, unless there is a secret Laethora fansite/board I am unaware of.

Well, I can upload a preview of the artwork here when it's finished. After all, if all four people in this thread will buy the album, it's a sales improvement of 200% from the first one, so obviously we want you on our side. :lol:

I think we're the most excited, unless there is a secret Laethora fansite/board I am unaware of.

They do have an official forum on the end records' website. Not sure if it's very active, though.

Looking forward to the new album! I'll buy 2 copies so that you can claim the band has more than one fan in Canada.

Well, I can upload a preview of the artwork here when it's finished. After all, if all four people in this thread will buy the album, it's a sales improvement of 200% from the first one, so obviously we want you on our side. :lol:

Hehe well I'll buy the album, just to help you out ;) . Niklas are you Laethora HQ?

They do have an official forum on the end records' website. Not sure if it's very active, though.

Looking forward to the new album! I'll buy 2 copies so that you can claim the band has more than one fan in Canada.

Well the forum is still there, although there aren't many posts. There are 4 threads, one created by me and 3 by Laethora HQ, aka Niklas or some band member. And there are only 3 posts besides the ones by Laethora HQ, one by me and two other guys :p .

Awesome. Yeah, I'm definitely planning on picking it up, for what its worth. I enjoyed the first release a lot as a change of pace, so I'm looking forward to it.

I found a copy in a Virgin store last year in NYC near Irving Plaza, it was quite and interesting find =)

Yes, it was in metal section :Smokedev:

FUCK! No wonder I couldn't find it. I've been looking in smooth jazz, just behind Kenny G.

THere's no metal section, Pop/Rock mainly.

Well, local FYE has it, but bigger stores (or may be just bigger stores in other locations) always had metal bands in P/R - there was no Metal section in FYE at the mall I've been to some time ago, so...

:)

Tracklist Revealed !

Hey,

just popped in to say that we are currently waiting to confirm a release date for "The light in which we all burn" and this is one release you really shouldn't miss out on. The album is incredibly strong and having had some time off since the recordings, we can clearly state in retrospect that it is indeed a splendid collection of songs.
Peter in de Betou has done an excellent job with the mastering and we're so looking forward to unleashing the wrath of hell unto the world.
The first photo shoot for press release was successful and we're all in mint condition, looking more handsome than ever, so don't stare for too long unless you welcome the feeling of inferiority.

Just to give you a first sense of the album, the tracklist is as follows:

1. Ekpyrosis
2. I as Infernal
3. A.S.K.E
4. World Deluge
5. A New Day
6. Humanae
7. The Sightless
8. Saevio
9. Uproar
10.Cast to Ruin
11. To the Point
12. Damnable Doctrine
13. Alogia

We'll be back soon with more info on release date so until then; stay wretched!

/Laethora

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=69847526&blogId=500176861

:headbang: