Lake of Tears

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Our Spawn's journal has been full of praise for these guys lately, but I'm wondering , given the left turn his musical tastes have taken in recent times, if I'd like them too.

In other words, are we talking clean vocals here or the bog standard death metal "growl growl, screech screech" variety?

Yes I'm a boring old traditionalist who likes to be able to understand lyrics. Sue me :p.

W

Yes. Yes you would. The vocals are fine, he is no Bruce Dickinson but they arent death or black vocals at all :D

Download the following: Headstones, Burn Fire Burn and Raistlin And The Rose :D

Or just buy the album Headstones. Its freaking genius and sounds like the album Bruce and Roy Z would have made after The Chemical Wedding :D

Yes it does sound like the album Bruce/Roy Z would have made after CW, if you assume that they've used up all of their creative juices and started writing boring, plodding songs. And changed their entire sound.

I haven't got those songs spawny mentioned, except for Raistlin and the Rose, but I have got a couple of others off Headstones. They're not bad, but I can't really see why spawnys raving about this particular band. Usually I can see his point even if I'm not into it, but he's got me stumped on this one.

The vocals aren't clean, they're kinda "rough", sort of in the Iced Earth vein, but not even close to the same league.

phlogiston said:
Yes it does sound like the album Bruce/Roy Z would have made after CW, if you assume that they've used up all of their creative juices and started writing boring, plodding songs. And changed their entire sound.

I haven't got those songs spawny mentioned, except for Raistlin and the Rose, but I have got a couple of others off Headstones. They're not bad, but I can't really see why spawnys raving about this particular band. Usually I can see his point even if I'm not into it, but he's got me stumped on this one.

The vocals aren't clean, they're kinda "rough", sort of in the Iced Earth vein, but not even close to the same league.

Get the songs I mentioned :D Also get A Foreign Road which is from Headstones as well :)

I have the whole song, perhaps mine is a rare version? Ill see about uploading it if I can get my soundcard to work...

You know what you've gotta do? You've gotta go and get some My Ruin. My Ruin will show you how it's meant to be done.

And while you're there get some Jack Off Jill. They will also be happy to demonstrate how to rock hard.

Oh, Blitzy, you should download Headstones especially, its in the vein of that most awesome of songs Silence :headbang: :D

(Also, go buy the new Godsmack album! :headbang: )

I updated my opinion Blitzy, get with it man! :lol: :D

Havent got the Gravedigger MP3s yet, but hopefully tomorrow, along with my freaking Nevermore dvd *pouts*