Lale Larson

Taedium Vitae

Jul 3, 2003
Hey Ron, I'm guessing you know who Lale Larson is, right? Ever considered starting a project with him? Yeah yeah, I know, there are probably hundreds of musicians you'd want to do stuff with, but maybe Lale is high on the list? :D

For those of you who don't know who he is, he's an outstanding pianist/keyboardist/composer and polyrhythmician (and Conlon Nancarrow nut) who's played fusion with Gary Willis, Sebastiaan Cornelissen, Richard Hallebeek and others; crazy cartoon music on ultra speed (Electrocution 250) with Todd Duane and the underappreciated drummer Peter Wildoer (Darkane); not to mention the Seven Deadly Pieces for Chamber Orchestra and Thrash Metal Band, which sounds like Zappa meets Varèse meets metal meets Shostakovich meets Keith Jarrett Trio (or something); and much more.

http://lalelarson.com/

He's insane. In a good way. Oh, and check out the Marimba Flesheaters samples on the Projects page... that marimba player (Thomas Widlund) is just not from this world. It sounds sequenced. I didn't think it'd be physically possible to play that fast on a marimba... although the fastest stuff must be sequenced (the CD part)... I really hope it is. Please.