Lamb Of God Drum Sound TEST!

sounds really close if you're after the sound from sacrament the only thing i would say is down the verb on the snare a bit and a wee bit mre increase around the 3khz region for the high end to give that real whip crack sound it has

THanks so much ye def I hear wat your saying thanks I'll give it another go and re post but how do u no the exact frequency to boost and cut ?

kicks need to be a little punchier with shorter resonance. snare doesn't have exactly the same lively "ping" ring, it's damn close, but it's somehow understated? otherwise it's sounding pretty close.

I referenced it with the verses in Walk With Me In Hell:

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the mapex black panther snare samples they put up on their website. That's an insta LOG sound haha.

kicks need to be a little punchier with shorter resonance. snare doesn't have exactly the same lively "ping" ring, it's damn close, but it's somehow understated? otherwise it's sounding pretty close.

I referenced it with the verses in Walk With Me In Hell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGUb_oFcf8I

It's amazing how bad that kick sounds. :puke:

I believe it was a blackpanather for more of the crack and i cant remember i used another snare for the room sound ?

il open it up and post them if u guys want !

You need to compress the shit out of the snare to get that sound, try to find the right attack for the crack and the correct releasetime for the "rebound" (should be a short releasetime). Also use less reverb. Maybe some kind of distortion on the snare + kick.

how do you get that awesome crunch on the kick? is it just part of the sample?

and if anyone can figure out what LoG does for that insane snare reverb like in the beginning of that video, i'd love to know! Nothing I do comes ever close to that snare decay

go and pick up lamb of god's sacrament & wrath producers edition cd's and listen to the drum tracks - you'll learn a lot about drum automation for reverbs & dynamic compression to really achieve that polished warm log sound

as for the tail of the snare it sounds like some transient design with some extra snare tail's triggered into the snare mix and stuck onto a hall reberb with a large reflection, high/mid range boost and a slightly cut very high & low mix with fuck all pre delay and then automation compression on the tails - phew

thats what i think it is and thats what i'd do to produce that tone

yeah ive been trying to get that "talking reverb" sorta sound from the walk with me in hell intro for ages with no luck
someone should get machine on this forum, id love to know what he does to some of his shit. Sacrament and the latest Suicide Silence both sound insanely good.