Lamb of God "Redneck" Collaboration

HollowmanPL

May 29, 2008
I've never been a big fan of LoG but this song is cute so we did a cover:)

Let us know what do you think guys \m/

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome covered in awesome sauce!

if you're interested in doing the same thing with Laid To Rest, or another LoG song, PM me bro

Cool cover! The vocalist sounds extremely close. Actually... I started thinking if those were Randy's vocals and he's just lip syncing. :D

The mix isn't even close to LoG tightness though. I know LoG is hard for drummers especially now that the drummer doesn't accept triggers anymore. I think the kick sound/playing wasn't quite there. Maybe the guitars had too much low end to be as tight as LoG also. Other than that it was a nice cover. :)

Thanks guys, I was prepared for more comments like "wtf is wrong with guitars???" :p

I didn't try to make it sounds like an original. Just wanted it to sound as good as I can :p
Original is too awesome :)
I was upset with guitar sound. I couldn't get such a low-gained and powerful sound as LoG has ;/

On the drums:
Kick 50% blended with sneap chimaira kick. eq, compression
Snare 50% Slate Trigger, 30% Sneap Chimaira, 30% Mapex Chris Adler, eq, heavy compression, gclip, reverb.
Toms are 'live', eq, comp, reverb

In the video description you can find details about bass/guitars.

I got a edited vocals (with compression, delay) in mp3. so I didn't have an opportunity to mix them :(
I did just a little EQing