Lamb of God - Resolution

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Any fans of these guys on here?

I like them a lot, and am really looking forward to hearing this new record which seems to be getting lots of good comments online.

Anyone heard any of this new stuff yet??

I saw LOG ive some years ago, and halfway through their set I had to walk away, because I never got to see Pantera live, and I'm damn sure not gonna waste my time watching a weak imitation. Yes I'm mostly talking about Randy Blythe.

Other than that I've got nothing against them, that Walk With Me In Hell is one badass song!

I can understand the Pantera comparison, but at the same time I think they're 2 very different types of bands.

I saw LOG ive some years ago, and halfway through their set I had to walk away, because I never got to see Pantera live, and I'm damn sure not gonna waste my time watching a weak imitation. Yes I'm mostly talking about Randy Blythe.

What's wrong with Randy?

Well, I was a big fan of the band during the As the Palaces Burn/Ashes of the Wake era, but they lost their touch after that IMO, and I couldn't care too much about them these days, pretty bored of their groove-orientated, 'bluesy' guitar riff style. Of course, I prefer this to most of the other shit coming out of the US at the moment. Having said that, I still rate the 2 aforementioned albums highly. Don't get all the LoG/Pantera comparisons. Sure they may be similarities at times, especially if you're talking post-Vulgar era, but Pantera is much faster and thrashier (and much more melodic too).

I don't think I have ever seen a similarity between Pantera and LOG personally but then again I could see why other people have ... for the record I gotta lotta time for both bands but whilst I am not a huge Pantera fan I do often listen to LOG in recent times (seen em live twice and they fucking tore it up). Last 2 albums were fucking great and I think Randy has a great voice.

(seen em live twice and they fucking tore it up).

Remember that HQ show I saw you at?? That show was killer. I remember a bunch of hot promo models came into the venue halfway through the set and the looks on their faces at what they were witnessing was priceless!!!!! They'd obviously never seen anything like it!!!!!

Never heard them before.
Had a listen to some samples over at Amazon, and I think I'll leave it at that.

Sounds pretty standard to me, but hey....it's all down to taste, right?

Remember that HQ show I saw you at?? That show was killer. I remember a bunch of hot promo models came into the venue halfway through the set and the looks on their faces at what they were witnessing was priceless!!!!! They'd obviously never seen anything like it!!!!!

I do remember that all too well. Hilarious. Those girls were dynamite but the look on their face was like they had just seen the devil. Hilarious.