LAMB OF GOD's RANDY BLYTHE Composing Music For Richmond Ballet

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Vocalist Randy Blythe of Richmond, Virginia metallers LAMB OF GOD tells Radio.com that he is working on a piece of music for the Richmond Ballet. He says: Their New Works Festival, my buddy is choreographing that, he's a professional ballet dance. I'm composing that right now."He continues: "I'm not a pianist or anything, but I have the ear to write music. I can't play guitar or whatever, but with the way digital editing is, you can compose little tiny bits at a time. It's a lot of fun and I think I’m going to get my buddy Alex Skolnick from TESTAMENT to lay some atmospheric guitar tracks on that, and we'll be in the ballet world!"LAMB OF GOD recently entered into a worldwide distribution deal with Specticast (LED ZEPPELIN's "Celebration Day", Paul McCartney's "Rock Show") for its Don Argott-directed ("Last Days Here", "Art Of The Steal", "School Of Rock") feature film "As The Palaces Burn". Filming for the movie began in 2012 and concluded in March of 2013. "As The Palaces Burn", which should not be confused with the making-of documentary packaged with the recent re-release of the 2003 LAMB OF GOD album of the same name, was conceived to be a documentary focused on the power of music and its impact on cultures around the world and its ability to bring together people of all nationalities regardless of religious or political differences. After a worldwide casting call, filming took place in Colombia, Venezuela, Israel, India, and the United States. As filming reached its conclusion, the documentary was forced to take a major turn when the band's lead singer, Randy Blythe, was arrested in the Czech Republic and charged with the murder of a fan in June 2012. Granted unique access to Blythe's saga, Argott's filming covered Blythe's 38-day imprisonment in Prague, his release and the band's return to live performances, and finally Blythe's trial for murder in Prague in February 2013.

More...