Lamentations Vs. Live Damage

Testamentt

Dec 23, 2003
I just received my copy of Live Damage by Dark Tranquillity the other day, and man was I surprised. Their stage presence seemsso inadequate compared to Lamentations. I found myself being bored, even during songs like Hedon and Zodijackle Light. The dvd has some shabby production, in addition to the annoying 'mtv-esque' type style of camera filming (extremely annoying). During solos the camera is never on the guitarist... instead they opt for a flashy light show of everyone else. Final gripe being on the light setup... sheesh, there must be a warning for people prone to epileptic shocks, because, wow, was that every a strobe light show.

Anyone else have Live Damage?

I have it, and I think its very good actually. But I think Lamentations is much better. The quality is very good, and also because there is such an good atmosphere in that dvd I think.

My mate has a copy of the DVD and it's fairly dodgy... the audio is out of sync with the video by about a second.

Lamentations by far. Live Damage is filmed in a TV studio and it looks like there are about 20 people in the crowd, not to mention it looks like the band is trying way too hard. I do like Dark Tranquillity though.

Yeah well, you look like a woman waiting for an 11" black cock to suck on, too.

From what I could conclude from the teaser vid I downloaded, the audience on Live Damage is pretty boring indeed. I agree with the comment about not-so-good camera work too, and those points accompanied with the sound being out of sync doesn't equal a very good DVD...
Dark Tranquillity is still pretty damn good. Stanne seems like a great frontman, too. Don't know if he was at his best on the DVD. Don't think I'll be buying it.

i downloaded some 30 minute portion of a tour they did in like 97 or something. god their stage presence dominated then, and mikael's vocals were alot higher and more in control. He is a way better clean singer nowadays yet his growls are dying. He has a lower more deep vocal now. I still think the stage presence on live damage was pretty good, but the sound wasn't too good. great interviews and such. all interviews from that DVD and Lamentations were great.

RjBeals said:
Your signature really bothers me.

Deal with it.

Also, Live Damage's audience DOES suck, but it's because of the filming. The audience was told by the filming/recording people not to move around or they might DISRUPT THE EQUIPMENT, hence the deadness! I don't think you can really hold that against them. :p

The way the audio and video are unsynced pisses me off INCREDIBLY, though.

Mayberry's Finest said:
I watched it not too long ago. I was expecting something along the lines of Lamentation in quality and what I got was poor camera work and a very flat mix. It's nice to see DT live but I became bored with it quickly.

Yeah, I agree completely. I'm bored of it after one full listen. To the guy who posted that it had great interviews... wow,... no? I put it in and watched the first 20 minutes and it was horrid.