- very loud
- lots of gain
- has metal crosses on it
- brings the doom

CONS:
- too fucking loud
- not really any clean sonds
- kind of a one trick pony - the eq doesn't do a whole lot

Ok, I just got this amp in a less than an hour ago and already had a cop stop by with a noise complaint. I haven't even dicked around on more than 15 minutes.

Loaded with Groove Tube 5881 tubes.
I'm playing my stock Epiphone Goth G-400 (SG) through it.

It's very thick and mid rangey and can get a nice saturated sound with the master down for playing shows to sleeping babies or something. This shit was fucking up my monitor when I turned it up all the way. I love it so far. I definitely want to try it with different pickups to see what happens.

I was gonna do some sample clips or something, but this town is against riffz.

tod_fuckaheart.gif

get a VH100r :) you will have footswitchable gain stages in A or B channels plus you will have the nicest cleans of the high gainers out there.

Sweet dude, I'm REALLY curious to hear this, and I love the image of you on stage in front of an audience of cribs :lol:

There having some block party thing here next month, and there's gonna be like bluegrass bands.
I might try to get some clips then.

Tonight I will dick with running it through impulses and see what I can do.

This amp is perfect for stoner/sludge/doom shit. It's like the TRIPLE THICK MILKSHAKE OF GUITAR AMPS.

Here's a full mix clip:
http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/files/52/laney01.mp3

Epiphone GOTH SG > Laney GH100TI > FX SEND > Speaker Emulation
Amp settings: All tone controls at 5 (12:00) / Gain on 6 (1:00) / Switches off / Master 0

Three separate takes pan Left, Right, and Center
100hz high pass is only EQ change

I played bass through the amp too with gain on 2 to clean it up a bit, but still have some crunchy, not very noticable in the mix.

Our guitar player got one a week ago, with a tube screamer in front, very little gain he's able to get a sound that suits our music well (technical death metal).
So it's not that much of a one trick pony (if it's about crunch-lead tones :D ).

it's a really nice amp!
not the most versatile one, that's true---amd it doesn't really suit my taste too much either, but if you're into organic yet heavily saturated sludgy tones THIS is the amp.
I have the vh100r as well, the vh100 has WAY nicer cleans, is MUCH more versatile but the highgains are not as good as in the TI IMO (although the circuit is really similar)

Iommi have the most fucking heavy and dense live guitar sound i´ve ever heard, heaven and hell sounded really really heavy, don´t if he´s usgin this am live, i guess so

hmm.. maybe some Sabbath riffs with heavy distortion? Or just doom metal / stoner riffs in general

In terms of demos, if you're still up for doing some, I'd like to hear some heavy sludgey shit, not too fast playing, but more drone orientated. Perhaps some Tool also if you know any?? :D

i'll figure something out, i was trying to do some stuff earlier this morning, i had done sound at an acoustic coffee shop show for fucking 4hrs straight and i got FUCKED UP ON COFFEE. couldn't sleep worth shit, but my roomate was being a DICK and said my guitar woke him up. with it running through headphones? wtf dude, shut ur ears!

most of the drone-y bands seem to be really down tuned, i'm in e standard. I want to do some electric wizard RIFFZ, but i can't tune down like that with these STRANGZ.
i'll work on it, y'alz.

wtf dude, shut ur ears!

hahaha!

most of the drone-y bands seem to be really down tuned, i'm in e standard. I want to do some electric wizard RIFFZ, but i can't tune down like that with these STRANGZ.
i'll work on it, y'alz.

Yeah, the tone you posted is like.. Doom style tone, I'd say.. It sounds awesome!

When I saw High On Fire last year with pelican, I'm pretty sure the guitarist was using Laney amp head, wasn't sure which one. But his tone was pretty beefy!

p.s

That picture you posted is fuck.. when I close my eyes, I now see your face! shit isn't good.

i've been so fucking busy this week, it's insane.
i helped my TOOB DEALER friend purchase about 30,000 tubes. he has back problems and so i had to load this fucking 17' uhaul truck. he also bought pretty much this dude's inventory from his out of business computer store. the uhaul was loaded top to bottom, front to back. then we had to drive 3hrs back home and unload it the next day. two days straight of loading and unloading shit.

then i did sound at a coffee house jacked up on like 15 cups of coffee. 4 straight fucknig hours of acoustic music and i'm twitching like a motherfucker.

next day, i audition for some band that needs a bass player. they seem to have some good things going on, like radio promotion and opening for candlebox (blahhh), so i thought it might be a good idea. well, they sound like an 80's band trying to play 90's altrock songs. and guitarist was playing through a boss gt-8 through crate powerblock, i almost kicked him in the nuts when i saw that shit, but he was actually kinda cool and nice. i'm on the fence about this shit. i don't need anymore wasted time with "bands".

went to sleep at 7am, woke up at 10:30am, and cooked at tiki bar before doing sound again at coffee shop.

right now i'm too tired to sleep. it's fucking gay.
i couldn't get groceries, so i bought a grande meal at TACO BELL so i can have food tonight and tomorrow. shit's weak.

all i wanna do is rock the fuck out, man. just ROCK THE FUCK OUT.