Lars On Limp Bizcit & Eminem & The Summer Tour

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
On picking the lineup for the Summer Sanitarium 2003 Tour:

"We thought it would be awesome to get bands together that had all new records coming out that nobody had heard from for a couple of years. I never actually met the LINKIN PARK guys, but I called Fred [Durst] myself. I said, 'Hey, Fred, come play some stadium shows in the summer with 'TALLICA,' and he was in…

"Three or four years ago, when Fred Durst came out of nowhere and was doing his thing, I just — to be totally honest — I didn't get it at first. And as usual, when there's things I don't get, I have a tendency to dismiss it as irrelevant. And then after a while, [I was like], 'I get it. It's pretty cool.'

"I've heard the new [LIMP BIZKIT] stuff, actually. Last time I was in L.A., he invited me over to the studio, and he played me some of the new stuff, and it's awesome. I played him some of the new 'TALLICA stuff… Look, me and Fred settled out bullshit issues about three years ago, and me and Fred have had a stellar relationship since then. Actually, the reason I like him is because I recognize a lot of my own kind of tenacity and my own kind of stuff in him. And it's actually pretty cool. Me and him get along like a house on fire these days."

On approaching EMINEM to be part of the Summer Sanitarium 2003 Tour:

"We're all, like, huge EMINEM fans in METALLICA world, and we thought it would just be so cool to try and break down some of those barriers. We spoke to him, and he respectfully and politefully [sic] declined. He was very cool about it. He said, 'Look, thanks a lot, man. Maybe we'll get a chance to do some shit some other time, but I wanna kind of chill this summer.' I think he's playing one show, or something like that, but he didn't wanna do a full tour."

Daamn, shame Eminem turned it down. I would have gone just to see him! He's the kuulest!

Legions: Lars is The Champ! There can never be enough talk about him, that Danish little hunkaboy!

Mattias of the Night said:
Legions: Lars is The Champ! There can never be enough talk about him, that Danish little hunkaboy!
MMM 'kay... here it goes

pukeface.gif

Deadly Embrace said:
On approaching EMINEM to be part of the Summer Sanitarium 2003 Tour:

"We're all, like, huge EMINEM fans in METALLICA world, and we thought it would just be so cool to try and break down some of those barriers.

What barriers??? Wasn't that shit broken back in the eighties when Run DMC teamed up with Aerosmith????? Lars must think he's some kind of pioneer of music. He gives himself way too much credit. Whatever I'm gonna
pukeface.gif

Testament Legions said:
D.E., bud-n-pal-o-mine...

Why do you keep posting stuff about Lars???

Because people seem to like to talk about the Fall Of The Metallica Empire, you posted on a couple threads, have'nt you?
I think it's interesting hearing them explain their reasons, on some different subjects. And it does seem to get alot of reply-posts, if not they would fade away.........but everyone seems to stick in their 2 cents worth............ :Smokedev:

Eminem is musically incompetent, but he would have brought in big $$ and a new audience for Metallica. Same with Limp Bizkit, except a bit more audience overlap.

The rest of the post makes St. Anger sound very promising; no way in hell I'm going to this tour, but hopefully they'll do some Bay Area warmup shows with Rob.