Last Nights Overkill Reoprt

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
WHAT A FUCKING SHOW.
I waited outside by myself for like two hours before anyone else showed up. Im sitting outside and the Drummer for Overkill ,Ron Lipnicki, comes outside and talks to me for about 5 minutes. He said they were starting to work on a few new riffs when doing soundchecks that will eventually be turned into full fledged songs on the next album. Anyway heres the set list.Which i just happen to snag off of Dave Linsk after the show.

With In Your Eyes
Damned
Rotten TO The Core
God Like
Eilimination
Blood and Iron
Hello From The Gutter
Nice Day For a Funeral
Under One
Bats In THe Belfry
Thanks For Nothin
PowerSurge
Old School

Encore
Necroshine
Wrecking Crew
Fuck You

During Nice day for a Funeral a guy crowd surfing fell on stage and smashed the mic stand right into Blitz nose and eye , HE WAS PISSED AND STORMED OFF STAGE . I mean it hit him hard. His nose swole up like and apple.He came back out and acted fine, but was really angry and rightfully so. The guy tried to jump back into the crowd and knocked over DD's mic stand as well. The guy was kicked out immediately. Linsk played all the solos and acted like he was having a fucking blast. Derek was very serious but still was very friendly. DD acted like he was pissed about something all night but stilled seemed to smile when people werent grabbing for his bass and crotch!?!?!?!?. The drummer Ron is a fucking trip , he goofed off all night and seems kinda like a space cadet , but was super nice. Bobby was in a great mood and was really pumped. His witty crowd banter was fucking great. Linsk solos were great, actually I still have the ringing in my ears because I was right in front of him.They performed flawlessly and were super nice as they hung out outside before the show.

Overkill rule live. And they are a bunch a nice guy. No attitude there :) Too bad some dumb fuck almost ruined things :(

Glad you had a blast!! Reminds me of when carnut and me saw them earlier this year in Belgium. They were great!! \,,/ I hope to see them again sometime!

ahhhh damn you people, progpower, Nevermore, now OVERKILL??? Jesus, what's next, you all get invited to a private one-time Coroner reunion concert???? :loco:

but seriously, sounds like fun, must've been a hell of a show!

#1_Droogie said:
ahhhh damn you people, progpower, Nevermore, now OVERKILL??? Jesus, what's next, you all get invited to a private one-time Coroner reunion concert???? :loco:

but seriously, sounds like fun, must've been a hell of a show!

Okay, who's gonna adopt Droogie so at least his foster parents can take him to some shows?!?!?!? Sorry Droogie, I'm currently fostering the Devil :tickled:

kittybeast said:
Okay, who's gonna adopt Droogie so at least his foster parents can take him to some shows?!?!?!? Sorry Droogie, I'm currently fostering the Devil :tickled:
:lol: :lol:
fuck, I dont mind who they'd be, as long as they're cool, and I'd get to shows! :tickled:

Yes, i too, got to see Overkill over the week, on Tuesday. First time ever, and it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT. The setlist was exactly the same as yours, except in between "Fuck You", they played a little bit of Sabbath's "War Pigs", first 3 minutes or so, then went right back into "Fuck You". Did they do that at your show? Anyway, fucking great show, even the opening bands at my show were good!

#1_Droogie said:
:lol: :lol:
fuck, I dont mind who they'd be, as long as they're cool, and I'd get to shows! :tickled:

Looks like I'm the closest one to you. You'd have to keep your grades up. Education is important. :D And the leaves are starting to pile up in the front yard. :p

Man, I wish these guys would make it down to Floroda some time. They are one of those bands I haven't seen live yet.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
During Nice day for a Funeral a guy crowd surfing fell on stage and smashed the mic stand right into Blitz nose and eye , HE WAS PISSED AND STORMED OFF STAGE . I mean it hit him hard. His nose swole up like and apple.He came back out and acted fine, but was really angry and rightfully so.
This is good for his singing :D

Nice setlist btw, Overkill never disappointed me live.

Call me old fashioned, but what's the point in moshing and diving and creating havoc? Metal is about inner energy and passion, you can jump, fist, scream, headbang and all that without compromising your neighbor or the band.

I don't like bouncers but in this case I'll have voted for a tighter security.

Glad you enjoy the concert Ever.

Crap!
The Overkill show that I was going to in 2 days in Houston just got cancelled because of Hurrricane Rita.
:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Dude that sucks. No they didnt play Wa pigs, they played a couple songs quite a bit longer then they originally were though. They played like a seven minute version of fuck you , with an extended solo and a break with blitz talking for a minute while Ron played a little. Did this in other songs too, during rotten to the core , and Bats in The Belfry was a little longer too. played about an hour and a half.

Wheezer said:
Looks like I'm the closest one to you. You'd have to keep your grades up. Education is important. :D And the leaves are starting to pile up in the front yard. :p
haha, alright it's a deal :tickled: I actually have A's at the moment.....and I'm used to raking/mowing, so why not? :Spin: