Latest CD you bought...

Kalmakoff

Prototype of Simplicity
Thought I'd post this since I bought a few cds yesterday/today...

Chroma Key - Dead Air for Radios
Dio - The Last in Line
Dream Child - Reaching the Golden Gates
Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder
Into Eternity - Dead or Dreaming
Jens Johansson - Ten Seasons & Fission
Rage - End of All Days
Twilight Guardians - Tales of the Brave
Virgin Steele - Age of Consent

With the exception of Hammerfall & Into Eternity, they're all used cds so they were rather cheap, I'm not a millionaire. :D

Virgin Steele, Dio, Into Eternity & Hammerfall all kick major ass! :headbang:

Nice addition to my weekend playlist.

You've got some classics there Kalmakoff! I've got a few them myself including:

Twilight Guardians - Tales of the Brave (Good solid power metal)

Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder (more commercial but still excellent - this could be the album that really brings them out)

Dio - The Last in Line (We're off to the witch! I'll always love Dio)

My last purchase (finally arrived in the post this morning after about a 2 month wait from amazon) was White Skull's The Dark Age which I've already raved about on another thread. I recommend it very highly!!

Just remembered...the last albums I actually bought (LP not CD but who cares? :p) were:

Michael Schenker Group - One Night At Budokan
Metal Hammer's Best Of British Steel, featuring:

Acid Reign
After Hours
Death Trash
Deathwish
The Dogs D'Amour
Lisa Dominique
Last Of The Teenage Idols
Lawnmower Deth
Lixx
Mantas
Metal Messiah (bought the album for this band!)
Midnight Blue
Re-Animator
Sabbat
Sacrilege
Soho Roses
Tattooed Love Boys
Tigertailz
Torino
Trixx Federation
Virus
Wrathchild

They don't do compilations like that nowadays, do they? Well, not in this country anyway...

the last cd I bought :
Dreamtale - Beyond Reality
Ok album..Nothing original, but quite good. Some of the songs are just great!
My favorite tracks on this album has to be:

Time of Fatherhood - Catchy mid tempo chorus. The lyrics are alittle bit special though..

Dreamland - Love the chorus on this one. The female vocals are excellent!

Silent Path - Very nice ballad..gives me goosebumps :)

Farewell - This track reminds me strongly of Nightwish, with the keyboards and all..maybe a little bit inspired by Tuomas and co :)a great track..again a spectacular chorus

Really looking forward to their next release!

NP: Stratovarius - SOS :headbang:

Originally posted by Symphony
Ah those were the days. Sabbat....awesome! I've got a Metal MEssiah demo tape somewhere along with Acid Reign's "Moshkinstein" EP. Great stuff

No fucking way dude!!!! Fucking Metal Messiah...they're on this obscure thrash compilation I bought last summer, I've been trying to find out more about each of the bands but it's taken up til now to even get one more song by any of them......duuuuuuuuuude!!! Metal Messiah fucking rock :cool:

Sabbat didn't impress me too much, but a lot of the other thrash stuff on there was quite good. Acid Reign and Re-Animator, especially, I thought. Lawnmower Deth were a laff too :D gotta love the glam shit on there too, though. Man, for a Metal Hammer compilation to feature more than one type of metal...you knew this could only have happened in 1989!

Originally posted by Eagle
White Skull's The Dark Age which I've already raved about on another thread. I recommend it very highly!!
Obviously you like it then! I've been meaning to look into it for a while. Given that Federica was such a big part of making White Skull sound the way they did, I wasn't sure how they'd do without her. How does Gus compare?

I've just borrowed the new Hammerfall album...listened to it twice up my mate's pad, it truly is fucking awesome! I love this band now! :D

Seems like this year's been a good one for power metal, am I right? I mean, I'm unfamiliar with most of the big names but it really does seem like there's been some really good shit going down lately....

Originally posted by Ayeka
I've just borrowed the new Hammerfall album...listened to it twice up my mate's pad, it truly is fucking awesome! I love this band now! :D

Seems like this year's been a good one for power metal, am I right? I mean, I'm unfamiliar with most of the big names but it really does seem like there's been some really good shit going down lately....

I too like Hammerfalls new release "Crimson Thunder", but I think Renegade is better...:)
"Templars of Steel", "Destined for Glory" and "The Champion" are the bands best songs ever..in my opinion anyway..
I really like Joacim Cans vocals on the new album. He has a amazing voice..it fits their music perfect.
My favorite tracks on Crimson Thunder is:
Brothers of the Storm, Crimson Thunder and The unforgiven Blade

Not a bad album, but not their best..

NP: Hammerfall - The unforgiven Blade :headbang:

And you're completely right, it' been a year of great power! :)
A lot of great albums released:
Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame
Nightwish - Century Child
Freedom Call - Eternity
Shaman - The Ritual
Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder
Pagans Mind - Celestial Entrance (prog. album of the year!) :D
+++more

NP: Hammerfall - Heros Return

Obviously you like it then! I've been meaning to look into it for a while. Given that Federica was such a big part of making White Skull sound the way they did, I wasn't sure how they'd do without her. How does Gus compare?

He's certainly an acquired taste and a very aggressive vocalist and I sure he'll get some criticism from die hard fans which is expected. Although IMO opinion he's brought a new dimension to the band. However musically this is their greatest release so it would be interesting to see how the album would have sounded with Fererica on vocals.

I would not like to make comparisons between the 2 of them though because I love Public Glory/Secert Agony so much too.

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
I too like Hammerfalls new release "Crimson Thunder", but I think Renegade is better...:)
"Templars of Steel", "Destined for Glory" and "The Champion" are the bands best songs ever..in my opinion anyway..
I really like Joacim Cans vocals on the new album. He has a amazing voice..it fits their music perfect.
My favorite tracks on Crimson Thunder is:
Brothers of the Storm, Crimson Thunder and The unforgiven Blade

Renegade was my first Hammerfall album too (don't have the others :eek:) ... me and my Crimson Thunder-owning mate were converted about two years back by the video for Renegade the song, back on the ol' Friday Night Rock Show (R.I.P.). It truly is a mighty album!

Oooh, and don't you mean Riders Of The Storm ;) that's one of my favourites too :) along with Trailblazers and Dreams Come True. I'm a sucker for soppy love songs! :D

I meant of course Riders of the Storm..not Brothers of the Storm..lol
Dreams come True is a nice ballad..Hammerfall have a lot of nice ballads..Remember Yesterday is my favorite :)

NP: Blind Guardian - ATTWS :headbang: