LED ZEPPELIN Fans Aim To Get Band Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Led Zeppelin does not have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I want to change that.

After attending the O2 Led Zeppelin concert in London last year, I returned home more invigorated than I had been in quite some time about the group and their music. By pure chance, one day I was reading a news article about the latest inductees into the Hollywood Walk of Fame and searched to see if Led Zeppelin was there, or if anyone was working toward that goal. To my utter surprise, and after contacting the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, I found that nothing was in the works.

I immediately began thinking, what a great way for the fans to honor Zeppelin in some small way. After more research, I found that a number of these Hollywood star nomination campaigns were started by the fans themselves. I then quietly put up a simple website outlining the goal, with an online petition for people to sign and show their support . Then I mailed letters to each member of the band and their management (written approval from the group is required to proceed with the nomination process), and followed that up with a second letter. I contacted friends I had met at the O2, and contacted several Led Zeppelin online forums. The response has been extremely positive.

Led Zeppelin has received many honors over the years, both as a group and individually. My goal is to honor them with a star in a completely fan-driven campaign.

If interested, please contact me for more information.

Rocky Dickerson

Chico, CA
USA

LedZeppelinStar.com

Rocky@LedZeppelinStar.com