Led Zeppelin tour :(

opeth8

My Arms, Your Casket
Sep 29, 2005
USA
I know this is old news, but the end result still kind of surprises me.

I'm sure many of us were hoping they would tour the world one last time. Unfortunately, it's not to be. Not even $100 million pounds could persuade Plant into giving all the fans a final send off. Yet, they remain one of the great bands in rock history.

I give Plant credit for not being a sell-out. Obviously his heart wasn't into it & he was unwilling to compromise himself. Not even for such a ridiculous amount of cash. Instead he's opted to go on with his Plant/Krauss tour.

In the live performances I've seen from the 70's Plant's vocals were not overly impressive. Even though the reviews of their England show were great, I doubt his vocals are what they once were. Especially if he were to embark on say a 2 month 30+ show tour.

Still, it's a shame none of us (unless you were at the December London concert) will get that chance. Instead, as with so many other bands that have dealt with great tragedy, we're left with memories of the past & and can only wonder what if ??

Well it a great pity that they wont tour but when you are as rich as Jimmy and robert money is hardly a factor, but im glad the December show was good and perhapse its best left there l like pink floyd with roger waters 1 last great time and that was that.

Robert has always been the sucessful one since Zep any way i had the privalige to see him at a smallish gig a few years back with his current band, which i do hope he tours with again. Yes it wasnt Zep but it was a great evening and a true glimpse at the mans true self. Likewise recently saw megadeth at same venue and well much the same thing a true glimpse into Dave Mustain.

so a bit dissapointed as i want lucky with the december draw and in 79 when i wanted to go see them as a youngster my parents wouldnt let me go with the cop out that there will always be other tours when you are older ?? doooh