Led Zeppelin vs. Michael Jackson

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
I would have thought that Led Zep would be at least as big of a draw as Michael Jackson, but maybe I underestimate MJ's popularity.

From BW&BK:
AEG Live Want LED ZEPPELIN, ABBA Reunions To Fill MICHAEL JACKSON's O2 Arena Gigs?!
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 at 21:39:11 EST

Thesun.co.uk is reporting:

Music bosses hope LED ZEPPELIN will play some of MICHAEL JACKSON's O2 arena gigs.

AEG Live, the team behind the King of Pop's 50-night stint, want the rock supergroup to alternate shows with ABBA.

Both bands - who have sold 600 million albums between them - have been offered big money to reform.

Led Zep stars Jimmy Page, 65, Robert Plant, 60, and bassist John Paul Jones, 63, have been approached.

They played their only concert in 19 years at the O2 in 2007 and are seen as one of the few acts who could rival Jacko. His This Is It tour was due to start at the London venue on July 13.

AEG face multi-million pound losses if they cannot fill the slots. A source said: "Only Michael Jackson could sell out 50 nights at such a big arena, but Led Zeppelin and Abba combined might just rival him. There is huge money on the table."

They are screwed... better resurrect Elvis. Then we'll find the little bastards just hiding somewhere... a publicity stunt, an act of revenge for everyone picking on him.

Not puttin him down musically and certainly not as a dancer/showman.

But yeah, they are screwed. What about Prince ? I suppose he wouldnt sell that big either. Nor would VanHalen, though they could have come close at one time.... Elton ?

Screwed... screwed... screwed

watch some superstar, supergroup Jackson tribute unfold

If LZ and ABBA had a minimum of self esteem they would reject the offer on the spot.

Just put Madonna, Britney, some rappers and Metallica duet with Sharon Osbourne that will do :heh:

I would of said Floyd if Richard Wright hadn't died... but anyways if it was 10 years ago perhaps LZ would be up to par... but fans will still go see them imo...