Leg

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Hey Ken, hows that leg of yours doing,?:) You dont talk about it much these days,,, ""No News is good news"" I guess..

Thanks for asking. I'm getting around. I can't do anything high impact. I guess my marathon days are over. Basic stuff like walking is fine. Going down steps is a little bit of an issue - not the case if I hold onto a handrail. I keep working at it and exercising. One thing that has been helpful has been dieting. I've dropped 31 pounds in the last 6 weeks and would like to lose quite a bit more. Its taking stress off the knee. Actually the knee is 100% healed. The problem is the development of my quadricep muscles above the knee. Hopefully the quad muscles will come around but it's now 18 months later so I'm not optimistic.

wow ,thats great Me and Bev (Wife) joined Weight Watchers in January, after 18 weeks or so She lost 36 lbs, And me 42.2... Just not eating crap anymore, And counting everything, And walking every night helps....But after we get weighed in on Saturdays, we treat ourselfs to a big Dinner out.......:I went from 226 at joining to 184 as of Sat.. Sitting all day at Tibo-Tech was killing me...

Thanks for asking. I'm getting around. I can't do anything high impact. I guess my marathon days are over. Basic stuff like walking is fine. Going down steps is a little bit of an issue - not the case if I hold onto a handrail. I keep working at it and exercising. One thing that has been helpful has been dieting. I've dropped 31 pounds in the last 6 weeks and would like to lose quite a bit more. Its taking stress off the knee. Actually the knee is 100% healed. The problem is the development of my quadricep muscles above the knee. Hopefully the quad muscles will come around but it's now 18 months later so I'm not optimistic.

I have the same problem on my left knee/leg (quadricep underdevelopment). It sucks and I've been going to the gym for almost 6 months at least 3 times a day and I always do leg extensions but I still feel the knee and the quadricep weak. There's a little pain going on there (similar to a meniscus fracture) so I'm not sure I'm 100% on the knee. Might need another surgery on this one (I've been cut twice already on the left knee...once on the right for a fractured meniscus).