Legends is done

They've closed and openned this venue so many times. They should be open a couple of months from now with a different name.

Q: I don't know where that stands at the moment. Just found out about the closing late last night.

Jose & Rob: That may be true but Legends as we know it today will be gone. Better hope your other fave clubs like Penny Road, Kelley's, and Nite Cap don't follow suit or you guys will have fewer choices for your local club dates. You might be laughing out your ass then. :p

Q: I don't know where that stands at the moment. Just found out about the closing late last night.

Jose & Rob: That may be true but Legends as we know it today will be gone. Better hope your other fave clubs like Penny Road, Kelley's, and Nite Cap don't follow suit or you guys will have fewer choices for your local club dates. You might be laughing out your ass then. :p

Nah.
If anything I'm starting to see more people at Penny Road now than in the last 3 yrs. JJ Kelley's just spent a lot of money in a much needed remodeling, if you're spending money it must mean you are making money, no?
Nite Caps I can't say too much about since it's probably my least favorite place to go to, that place has so much potential though.

Haven't been to Penny Road since the Twelfth Gate show there last October. I'm burnt out on that place. It was the the nearest venue when I lived in the old hood. Nite Cap has never been one of my favorite places to go. Legends was okay. Nice that it was closer to home than Cap or Kelley's, or even The Pearl Room, which I think I like most right now even though it's a cruise from here. But it's worth the cruise. Heard about the renovations at Kelley's. That's cool. Sometimes when people are getting ready to sell they renovate. I suppose it nothing to worry about. You guy are probably right. New places pop up all the time. They come and go like the seasons.

I'm not too surprised or upset. The Trouble gig didn't leave me with too many amazing impressions...

Great gig, though, and some funny stories. And now that I really think about it, being within a foot of the band while they played was kinda cool... Even if those horrible emo kids were making obnoxious finger wiggling motions all the time.

Legends will be missed, we did a few shows there and always had a great time, much better than when it was Rorys. They had metal bands which better than 90% of the clubs in the Chicago-land area.

Update:

I drove by the building where Legends used to be today and the tarp was off the sign making it appear that it's still in business, but I doubt that it is. It could be in a transition phase or something like that. Maybe it will be another sports bar/music club type of joint? :heh:

the "new sign for the next sure-to-fail incarnation" reads:

Coming soon
NOVA

Rumor has it that it will be an upscale cocktail lounge. I would guess that metal is not on the menu.