Leslie West fans?

bt9x

Feb 28, 2003
northeast
Visit site
as reported on the news thread-Leslie West underwent a leg amputation over the weekend.
i think he is one of the best guitar players of the last 40 years.

i was fortunate to see Mountain in their latter days on the "Hard Times"tour.

i think Leslie West is a well respected musician ; as evidenced by his many years as founder of The Leslie West Guitar School and his reputation among his peers in the rock and roll community

are there any more fans here?

i wish Leslie a speedy recovery

Not a huge fan, but I did get the chance to see him live back in 1985. I have a very limited knowledge of Mountain's material. Either way, this is sad news, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

...and I'd recommend the older ones! The first Mountain album, and Nantucket Sleigh Ride are classic, proto-metal monsters.

well of course get the classics but MANS WORLD and MYSTIC FIRE as well as the dylan covers album are all good too

mountain and west are great. one of the underrated guitar players of all time. sad news
Could of been worst. Could of been an arm etc. and then he wouldn't be able to play. Anyways I used to be a Mountain freak and still love them. Love Leslie's voice as well as his guitar playing, very bluesy and hard. Great vibrato and tone etc. Loved the earlier Mountain stuff the best but his other albums are good too especially ones done with Jack Bruce and Cozy Powell... :kickass:

Could of been worst. Could of been an arm etc. and then he wouldn't be able to play. Anyways I used to be a Mountain freak and still love them. Love Leslie's voice as well as his guitar playing, very bluesy and hard. Great vibrato and tone etc. Loved the earlier Mountain stuff the best but his other albums are good too especially ones done with Jack Bruce and Cozy Powell... :kickass:

whats the album with cozy and west?

my bad... meant Corky Laing... don't know why I thought Cozy... also Joe Franco on the Leslie West Theme album...

damn i love cozy powell and leslie west and really thought there was something i was missing lol. yeah the west, bruce, laing stuff. it was like cream mixed with mountain. i am looking forward to the new west solo album as long as some of the tunes are new original songs and not all covers