Let's hear it for the old boys!

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
Went to see Bon Jovi in Manchester last thurs. Not only did they put on a great performance, but they also played for 2 and a half hours. I have sounded off a few times before about bands playing short live sets, so it was nice to see a show that lasted for more then an hour!

What with Saxon playing for anything between 2hr-2.30hr, and Bon jovi playing for 2.30hr (apparently they played for 3 hour at Hyde park!), it's good to see the old (literally!) boys showing the 'Nu' boys how to do it.

I've had the misfortune to see them 3 times now, left early once (how could they follow Dio at Donington), and yawned through the others as Mrs Lagoon was there so I had no choice!

Bon Jovi to me are the worlds most overrated band.

I have to agree with "Mr L" here as certainly all they release these days are tired old ballads. They are just one of a long line of bands ala Def Leppard who now deny they are a Heavy Metal band or in fact ever were.

Well, I think the fact that Bon Jovi have been going for 20 years says something - and their latest album is quite a cracker - about 2 or 3 ballads, but mostly upbeat stuff to get you jigging about!! :D

You're just jealous Lagoon, 'cos your missus probably thinks Jon looks better in denim and leather!! :lol: :D

I don't believe they have released ANY ballads off the new album as of yet Fingers!!

Old Trafford was pretty packed out anyway, so god knows how many thousands of fans can't be wrong, can they? Tickets weren't cheap either - but I thoroughly enjoyed it!! :)

I've got to agree with 'er indoors'. The lastest album is actually pretty damn good, with many an uptempo song on it that just makes you want to start bouncing all over the house! I guess that is why they called the album Bounce!

What you see with Bon Jovi is what you get, just good old fashion rock 'n' roll. They know how to write catchy pop rock songs and do it time and time again.

Lagoon - aww, I'm sure you look almost as divine as Jon in denim and leather, but maybe Jon just has a slight edge...and more hair!! :lol: :D

Paxoman - you actually agree with me on something?? My god, this is a first!! :lol: :)

They're a chick band! Someone said they supported Kiss at New Bingley Hall in Stafford in 1984 but I can't verify that,but if they did they were sh*te! If it wasn't them then whoever it was were still sh*te. Anyone catch Lynyrd Skynyrd blowing Deep Purple off stage at various venues around Europe? :Smug:

Well, we've all moved on a bit and improved (hopefully!) since 1984,and so have Bon Jovi!! There were plenty of fellas at the gig (no, not all just there 'cos of their girlfriends!!) and they seemed to enjoy it, so it isn't just a chick band! Ok, they aren't "metal", they are more "pop rock", but so what? Thousands of people paid £35+ to see 'em, so it's still working for them! :)