let's take a look back.....how/where did everyone find out about nevermore?

Tide In Mind Out

ct_thrash
Mar 5, 2002
Hmm....? me, I was in FYE and saw DHIADW, I bought it on a total whim knowing nothing about Nevermore, and it turned out to be the best music purchase I've ever made

Hahahah they played the new for me ( metal collegues), after I tried to read ROCKHARD, with a dane interview...

I like the cover art on Dead Heart in a Dead World because it reminded me of a book I read. Plus I wanted to hear the cover of S o S. I listed to the cd outside of best buy then went right back in and bought PoE and DNB. I ordered the rest.

Back when Napster was still around, I remembered hearing the name Nevermore from somewhere. So I downloaded the song "Inside Four Walls". The rest is history....

Ct thrash told me about the band.Then she sent me the DHIADW cassette.That got me totally hooked.She sent me DNB and PoE and got me even further into Nevermore.They were one of my favorite bands when I just had the cassettes,and that was about a year or so ago.Now I have both DNB and PoE on cd and I need to get the rest of their albums,and some t-shirts,too.So ct thrash did her duty as a metal head by converting someone into a metalhead.I converted Famous Amos and made an attempt at converting another friend,but she still claims to think that the Smashing Punpkins are better.

my friend bought dnb from columbia house i think becuase they toured with iced earth and we had just gotten into them a lil bit. but i didnt really take notice untill i heard dead heart like 2.5 years ago, then saw them live with in flames, now im a big fan.
-neal

I was reading some reviews for Metal cds and trying to find some new bands that I hadn't heard of. I found a review for DHIADW it was a positive one, so I downloaded Narcosynthesis, The Seven Tongues of God, and Dreaming Neon Black off of Audiogalaxy.

Nevermore are somewhat local to me, and been watching them from as close to day one as possible.

Saw Sanctuary way back when, and when they split, word of mouth got back to me there was a new formation.

Hopefully I'll see 'em at Graceland real soon.

last year in my first semester in college, a friend of mine played a couple songs from DHIADW for me. I don't remember exactly which ones, but I do remember that SoS was one of them. At the time (i was very naive) I didn't know it was a cover of another song, but Sound of Silence was what got me hooked, I went out and bought my own copy of DHIADW, then proceeded to find the rest.

My cousin told me one of his friends kept going on and on about how much nevermore kick ass and how they're one of the best metal bands out there, so I downloaded Matricide and The Sound of Silence to check em out... yeah those songs aren't very representative of Nevermore but I liked em and went ahead and bought Dead Heart, which I thought it was great till I listened to Dreaming Neon Black and The Politics of Ecstasy which blew me away.

Feel rather oldschool. A friend of mine, and the guitarist in the band I was in at the time, was a huge Sanctuary fan and he heard about this new band coming out, called Nevermore, with the bassist and vocalist from Sanctuary. He managed to find a copy online and it was some of the best thrash based music that had come along in what seemed like forever, especially in 1995 when most of America was trying to pretend there was no such thing as metal. Been a fan since, get every album as it comes out.

first I got the S/T (from a very good friend of mine, at that time), with the instruction: listen carefully, pay attn. to the voice... and I did, then I saw Sanctuary on a video tape, with the instruction: pay attn. to the voice, which I did... hell amazing!

some Lorenzos do travel a lot around the world, now don't they?..... hmmm.....

I was there from the very beginning of Sanctuary. I got "Refuge Denied" the day it got released. Of course I got the first Nevermore also on the day it got released.