Let's talk about books and coffie :)

Melancholia

Eternal daydreamer
May 25, 2001
Ved Buens Ende
Okey,here you have another wonderful thread :D
Inspired by the Harry Potter mania that is being widely spread on the DarkTranq forum,i thought it would be cool if we discussed a bit about bookies here.....talk about our favourite authors,favourite books,discuss Harry Potter,recommenc books etc etc

What do you think??

:)

Apart from the fact that I would rip Harry's head with a baseball bat and that coffee makes my poor stomach ache I think the idea is cool...

actually the strange thing with coffee is that I can eat the most spicey food ever (chiles toreados) and feel how i high percentage of my mouth simply gets numb, and my stomach will resist like the atomic refuge it is...but a bit of coffee with milk and it will start protesting...i can't understand it...

about books...well, as many already know, i have just ONE master and it's Terry Pratchett...
a part from that I think that Douglas Adams is a simple master (shame he died last year) and I also would say RA Salvatore is a master in battle scenes!

A special note for the work of Tolkien who has been the best writer for me, until i found Pratchett...

another day a bigger review or something...

oh, and it happened again, someone starting a thread wanting to know the opinions of the rest but not giving his/her...bad bad troll ;) :p

fathervic (an ankh-morporkian wannabe)

Maintaining lineality, I would burn separately the corpse and head of Harry Potter after being beated by FV. I hate the face of that boy, and I dloaded the first movie and I was not strong enough to watch it entirely.

About books, I already recommended Michael Ende's "The Neverending Story" on the Signatures thread. :) Coffee? When I go to Valencia I like to ask for "un bombón". :D

|ng.

FatherVic said:
oh, and it happened again, someone starting a thread wanting to know the opinions of the rest but not giving his/her...bad bad troll ;) :p

fathervic (an ankh-morporkian wannabe)

hehe :D I knew somebody was saying it...YET if you read carefully,my thread is not that case...hehe,cause simply i just proposed an idea and then asked "what do you think about my idea" instead of saying "yeah,tell me all what you like" :D
Am i not fantastic??? :devil:

Apart from that I was too zzzzzzzzzleepy yesterday to start ranting on.
and today i/m too exhausted (in a few mins i'll be 12 hours outta home :err: ) as well.........
BUT i'll just say that i'm currently reading Mort by terry pratchett... It's my 3rd day of reading it and i wish i had more time to start reading and reading and only lift my head when i-m totally done with it :loco:
The story is so far is amazing!! Apart from the great atmosphere of old-ness and mystik,Pratchett's amazing humour and the very ibntriguing character of DEATH, what i really enjoy in TP is his fresh ideas,his stories,the plot and the stuff he mixes (f.e. sometimes you read and suddenly you com across a saying or a quote from some other very known book and stuff like that).....Wonderful :) I really wonder how he comes with this ideas....

Special thanks to FV who transmitted the TP disease to me :)

As for HarryP ( :ill: ) i'd really like to check it out (i've seen the 2nd movie after all), to see what the heck is so special about these books...and i've actually seen a yummy german edition hmmmmmmmm
but apart from the books, the face of the kid makes me like this ---> :ill:

lala,okey shutting up now =))) sooner or later i'll talk more about my (sometimes weird) book tastes....

:wave:

can you really read a book in PDF????????

i can't even read 2 pages before getting dizzy...
and printing it is not an option since a printed original is way cheaper...
the language, for this greek genious is not a problem, ALREADY!!!!

fv

Reactions: Rei Toei
Yep, you're right, this kind of digital format is a little piece of shit when it comes to practical application. In fact, think I've got several e-books that rest untouched somewhere, but well... to give it a try is actually cheap, and then you can decide. :)

|ng (Not a PDF reader, even being a robot)

I just pick a book and read it. (Preferably Historical-Warfare/Non-Fiction books.) The only author I could come up with is Herbert Langer and some guy who wrote a Collection of 10 Books about the "Photographical History of the Civil War".

As for coffee........I'd rather have Mohawk Vodka in the morning. Some say it's good for the throat. Sadly, I believe them.

Robotcito :))) thanks for your very very kind offer,but i'm afraid our little melon is right...PDF is a troublesome format....especially for a troll who has associated reading with beds,soffas and generally comfortably lazy states...

Vodka in the morning...baaaaad........coffee good =)
actually i just put the coffee word cause hmmmmm they match good :D books and coffe..... : coffeefreak :

/trollie

Theredintheskyisours said:
As for coffee........I'd rather have Mohawk Vodka in the morning. Some say it's good for the throat. Sadly, I believe them.

i you need to disinfect it, that is :p

as for books...well, ten books about the photography of no matter which war could really make harm to my addiction to reading...most probably i would try to search for another hobby or a gun!

in the field of drinking...coke in all it's forms for me (except light and decaffeined, so it's normal and vanilla coke for me), shitloads of water (with this heat...how not!!!!) and eventually sprite, fanta and wildfruit juices...
no horrible vodka....no horrible coffee...

fathervic (a bit horrible)

oh,Don't worry about the bookie Ingy......we'll just tie you in a chair and torture you to death when we are back to the land Butifarras :D

seriously,no problem...pocket books are easily destroyed sometimes......and the book in question is an extra tortured one,it has travelled from piraeus to kinetta,then back to Piraeus,then to Spain,then Greece again,then to the hands of a friend of mine and now to spain again....backpacking book!! :Spin:

You are the forth to read it...and i hope you are enjoying as much as the previous 3 people :)

Butifarras, haushahsasjaudhjajauajausjausjasusjaua, is it something related to the peruna frita? jkjajajajajsjadjasdjasjajsajsjasja!! Can't stop laughing! Tell me that it was intended, otherwise... it is even better! :lol:

|ng.

Hey, these administrator superpowers won't refrain me from telling everyone that I DO live in the land of Putifarras, you, partial moderator!!! :yell:

|ng (Angry, terribly infuriated!!)

Oh, don't be sad, my dear. That's what I call stumble with lot of style. ;) And your spanish is astonishing whereas you're just starting, I pray every night to all the saints I can remember to be as good as you are when it comes to foreing languages, little one. :)

|ng.

let's say I just found it terribly discourteous to laugh that way for a misspelled foreign words...considering your English (and the rest of hours) we could spend the whole night posting laugh posts...

fathervic (partial moderator...yes, I'm sorry)

I know it, and I guess my post above was kinda apology and explanation of what I was laughing of. Just hope that my favourite troll won't feel bad due to my evil humour sense. Regarding my english, you can laugh out loudly, and I will play along, since I love to laugh. :)

|ng.

nah! i prefer not to life from spelling errors hehehe...i reserve the laughter when I see somebody hit against a glass door or fall on the street...I know, i know...but I'm weak :p