Life of Agony - Broken Valley

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]LIFE OF AGONY - "BROKEN VALLEY" DUE OUT THIS MAY![/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]LOA - BROKEN VALLEY ALBUM ART
Click To Enlarge
[/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica]We are excited to report that the mixing process for LIFE OF AGONY's highly anticipated new album, BROKEN VALLEY is almost complete. The record is due out in stores sometime in May 2005 and it features new tracks such as "Strung Out," "Wicked Ways," and "Don't Bother". The group has been recording since October, in two studios in Hollywood, CA, with producer Greg Fidelman (Slipknot, Jet, Audioslave). Drums were tracked at the legendary Sunset Sound recording studio (home to where several Doors albums were made), while bass, guitars, vocals and other overdubs were recorded at Westlake Studios (Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc.). [/font]

I hope this is good, because I used to be a huge fan of this band. It looks like they're working on a pretty big budget with some pretty big names.

Yea i used to absolutely love LOA, I know that the direction for this one is much heavier akin to RRR but i just hope they aren't going heavy for the sake of putting out a heavy album. Still, i can't wait to hear it and hope it's awesome.

Just about a year ago I fell in love with Ugly after years of not liking it, and I still haven't given Soul Searching Sun a proper listen, just one or two half-assed attempts.

But I shall get this. Oh yes, yes I shall.

SSS sucks, but Ugly is fanfriggintastic. RRR is also very good. I'm looking forward to this new one.

I still think my favorite LoA song is the first one I heard, Through And Through. Whoa man does that song and video rule. Reminds me of being 15 and not knowing or caring what girls were.

Yeah, that was my first LOA song as well. My favorite songs from them are Seasons and Method of Groove

My problem with SSS is that it's just too soft. Ugly had the perfect mixture of their hardcore roots and their new direction. SSS saw the band give way to Caputo's obsession for acoustic and soft rock, similar to his solo album.

I like Caputo's big voice from RRR and Ugly, not his "mommy didn't love me" croon on SSS.

Yes, SSS wasnt the best album, but it does contain my favorite loa song, weeds. One of my all time favorite songs. anyone heard the pro-pain version? funny....

evil c.