Light of Day, Day of Darkness

Brotherelf

Nothing Left to Mutilate
May 28, 2001
Visit site
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has this album from Green Carnation?
I've read a few things about it (all good so far) from the internet, but became skeptical after hearing it was made by an ex-emperor member. Anyone have any info on what it sounds like, or samples? would like to hear your comments...

I have that album. I think its brilliant. I didn't think I would be able to sit through a song that was an hour long, but Light of Day Day of Darkness failed to bore me, not even the slightest.

Some of the parts in the piece kind of remind me of Amorphis. I have NO idea why. Maybe it's the bit of keyboards.

As far as an MP3, you can get a sample of Light of Day Day of Darkness from here: MP3

As everyone above has stated - you MUST get this CD.

It has NOTHING in common with Emperior (except for the fact that it's just great music, as is Emperor). It's not even close to black metal.

It's the only 'super long' song that I've ever heard that doesn't "lose you". They simply rock!!!

Combine the best elements of "In the Woods", "Amorphis", perhaps a tad of Opeth's progressiveness, mix it up, and you'd have something *close* to Green Carnation!!!!

It's just an incredible piece of art! I compare it to the Beatles "White Album"!

Originally posted by SoundMaster
Combine the best elements of "In the Woods", "Amorphis", perhaps a tad of Opeth's progressiveness, mix it up, and you'd have something *close* to Green Carnation!!!!

It's just an incredible piece of art! I compare it to the Beatles "White Album"!

AHA! So I wasn't the only one that heard the hint of Amorphis in there :p

It's crap, complete and utter crap. I've listened to the whole thing a number of times and that's what i think of it. The first half is ok, but still boring. The second half does no justice to music. I don't understand why people love it so much, but i'm sure others don't understand why i don't love it so much.

i wasted my time downloading "edge of sanity - crimson"...i dunno why many people here love it but...i don't...matter of taste!

i was about to download green carnation but now i'll think twice before doing that.

Screw downloading it. Seriously, it is a complete masterpiece!! Well...there is that part where the girl is trying to hit too many high notes, but other than that it's perfect.

I also thoroughly enjoy Edge of Sanity's Crimson disc.

The material is otherwise kinda ok but the one track-idea is kinda cumbersome with this kind of music and the album is otherwise a bit long-winded. And the middle section plain blows.

I can´t stand the rythm (sp?) guitar and it´s the same ALL the way through the album, it has it´s god parts though...

Screw fast forwarding through the "middle section" ! They made a BIG mistake making this just one track and the middle section sucks enough to put this disc on the sell back list.

why is everyone praising LoD, DoD so hard and neglecting their other MARVELOUS CD, Journey To The End Of The Night?

the middle part of LoD, DoD does have an annoying part where the woman vocalist goes a tad bit too high.... I just fast forward that. My friend sent me his edited version and caught all the perfection of the song in it. He also filtered a lot of the perfection out...

But if you get Journey To The End of The Night then you'll notice perfect perfection, not one hint of annoyance in the entire CD. My personal favorite Green Carnation song is Under Eternal Stars. GET THAT! GET IT, DAMNIT, GET IT!!!! :lol:

Originally posted by Brotherelf
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has this album from Green Carnation?
I've read a few things about it (all good so far) from the internet, but became skeptical after hearing it was made by an ex-emperor member. Anyone have any info on what it sounds like, or samples? would like to hear your comments...

It is my #2 album of the year, second only to Deliverance!