LIGHTNING STRIKES @ PURE LEGEND RECORDS

steel-prophet

Feb 11, 2011
Schwarzenberg/Germany
LIGHTNING STRIKES sign worldwide deal with PURE LEGEND RECORDS

The CA-based heavy metal band LIGHTNING STRIKES have signed a worldwide deal with PURE LEGEND RECORDS, a division of PURE STEEL RECORDS, for the release of their forthcoming eponymous debut album.

“All can say is that we are excited to be part of the Pure Legend Records roster worldwide”, states LIGHTNING STRIKES founder/drummer, Karpis Maksudian. “I think Pure Legend know the market very well and the people at the label will work hard to get ‘Lighting Strikes’ the attention it deserves and needs. We can’t wait to get this album out to all the metal heads who appreciate classic heavy metal.”

Originally formed in 1985, LIGHTNING STRIKES were briefly part of the bustling L.A. scene, releasing a now highly collectable 7” single in 1986, before the band went their separate ways in late 1987 despite drummer Karpis Maksudian attempts to carry on with a new line-up. Fast forward to 2011 when Maksudian began to assemble a new version of LIGHTNING STRIKES, featuring bassist Cat Tate (SNEW, RED AGAIN) who was part of the original band, guitarist Rob Math (LEATHERWOLF, PLAYER), and vocalist Nando Fernandes (HANGAR). Adding to the band’s fire power, Maksudian brought in a trio of guest players, keyboardist Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, KISS), as well as Tony Martin (BLACK SABBATH) and Japanese visual kei star Noah (AVANTCHICK) on lead vocals.

‘Lightning Strikes’ was mixed by Roy Z (JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON, HELLOWEEN) and mastered by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ANVIL).

height:338

LINE-UP:
Nando Fernandes (Hangar) – vocals
Rob Math (Leatherwolf, Player) – guitars
Cat Tate (Snew, Red Again) – bass
Karpis Maksudian – drums

www.lightningstrikesrocks.com
www.facebook.com/pages/Lightning-Strikes/127449574019794
www.twitter.com/LSRocksOfficial
www.instagram.com/lightningstrikesrocks/

LIGHTNING STRIKES „Lightning Strikes" - Cover, Tracklist, Release Date: 18th November 2016

The release date of the LIGHTNING STRIKES album „Lightning Strikes“ on CD is November 18th, 2016. The pre-order phase will start on November 04th, 2016 in our webshop.

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes! Southern California’s LIGHTNING STRIKES are set to unleash what it is their full-length debut album through PURE LEGEND RECORDS. Originally formed in 1985, LIGHTNING STRIKES were part of the then red hot L.A. metal scene and issued a now highly collectable 7” single, but became a casualty of war when line-up problems beset the band’s first incarnation and let to its early demise.

It would be another quarter century before founding member/drummer Karpis Maksudian decided to pick up the pieces as it were and resurrect the dream. Joined by bassist Cat Tate (SNEW, RED AGAIN), another member of the original LIGHTNING STRIKES line-up, he began working on new material while pulling in a number of A-list players to fulfill his vision. Enter guitarist extraordinaire, Rob Math (LEATHERWOLF, PLAYER) and Brazilian vocalist Nando Fernandes (HANGAR), a recommendation by noted guitarist/producer Roy Z, who became the other two main protagonists in the new LIGHTNING STRIKES. Maksudian also reached out to Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, KISS) to add keyboards and brought in a pair of stellar guest vocalists, Tony Martin of BLACK SABBATH fame, who is heard on ‘Death Valley’ and ‘301 AD Sin of Our Fathers’, as well as Noah, flamboyant frontman for Japanese rockers AVANCHICK, who adds a far Eastern flavor on ‘Kamikaze.’

Mixed by Roy Z (JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON, HELLOWEEN) and mastered by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ANVIL), ‘Lightning Strikes’ provides the listener with a formidable old school heavy rock experience, rooted in the vintage sounds of RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE (the seldom covered ‘Our Lady’ is LIGHTNING STRIKES’ hat tip to the British masters) and classic 80’s power metal with an epic touch as espoused by Martin era BLACK SABBATH.

height:400

TRACKLISTING
1. VICTIM
2. CAN’T CROSS THE RAINBOW
3. 301 AD SINS OF OUR FATHERS
4. FEAR
5. DEATH VALLEY
6. BERMUDA TRIANGLE
7. DOKI NO SAKURA
8. KAMIKAZE
9. STAY WITH ME
10. OUR LADY
11. WE DON’T ROCK ALONE
Total Playing Time: 41:56 min

LINE-UP
Nando Fernandes – vocals
Cat Tate – bass
Rob Math – guitars
Karpis Maksudian – drums

special guests:
Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, KISS) – keyboards
Tony Martin (BLACK SABBATH) – vocals
Noah (AVANCHICK) – vocals

„Lightning Strikes“ LIGHTNING STRIKES @ PURE LEGEND RECORDS

www.instagram.com/lightningstrikesrocks

LIGHTNING STRIKES – “Cant Cross The Rainbow” – official single from the album "Lightning Strikes" – release date 18th November 2016

LIGHTNING STRIKES – “Cant Cross The Rainbow” – official single from the album "Lightning Strikes" - official release date: 18th of November 2016 by PURE LEGEND RECORDS

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes! Southern California’s LIGHTNING STRIKES are set to unleash what it is their full-length debut album through PURE LEGEND RECORDS. Originally formed in 1985, LIGHTNING STRIKES were part of the then red hot L.A. metal scene and issued a now highly collectable 7” single, but became a casualty of war when line-up problems beset the band’s first incarnation and let to its early demise.

It would be another quarter century before founding member/drummer Karpis Maksudian decided to pick up the pieces as it were and resurrect the dream. Joined by bassist Cat Tate (SNEW, RED AGAIN), another member of the original LIGHTNING STRIKES line-up, he began working on new material while pulling in a number of A-list players to fulfill his vision. Enter guitarist extraordinaire, Rob Math (LEATHERWOLF, PLAYER) and Brazilian vocalist Nando Fernandes (HANGAR), a recommendation by noted guitarist/producer Roy Z, who became the other two main protagonists in the new LIGHTNING STRIKES. Maksudian also reached out to Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, KISS) to add keyboards and brought in a pair of stellar guest vocalists, Tony Martin of BLACK SABBATH fame, who is heard on ‘Death Valley’ and ‘301 AD Sin of Our Fathers’, as well as Noah, flamboyant frontman for Japanese rockers AVANCHICK, who adds a far Eastern flavor on ‘Kamikaze.’

Mixed by Roy Z (JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON, HELLOWEEN) and mastered by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ANVIL), ‘Lightning Strikes’ provides the listener with a formidable old school heavy rock experience, rooted in the vintage sounds of RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE (the seldom covered ‘Our Lady’ is LIGHTNING STRIKES’ hat tip to the British masters) and classic 80’s power metal with an epic touch as espoused by Martin era BLACK SABBATH.

„Cant Cross The Rainbow“ – LIGHTNING STRIKES @ PURE LEGEND RECORDS

„Lightning Strikes“ – LIGHTNING STRIKES @ PURE LEGEND RECORDS

LIGHTNING STRIKES – “Death Valley” – official single from the album "Lightning Strikes" – release date 18th November 2016

LIGHTNING STRIKES – “Death Valley” – official single from the album "Lightning Strikes" - official release date: 18th of November 2016 by PURE LEGEND RECORDS

„Lightning Strikes“ – LIGHTNING STRIKES @ PURE LEGEND RECORDS

LIGHTNING STRIKES release ‘Death Valley’ video feat. Tony Martin!

Los Angeles, CA-based heavy metal band LIGHTNING STRIKES have released a promotional video for the song ‘Death Valley’ off their eponymous debut album due out November 18 via Germany’s PURE LEGEND label, a division of PURE STEEL RECORDS.

‘Death Valley’ is one of two songs featuring legendary vocalist Tony Martin of BLACK SABBATH fame. “We are extremely proud to have Tony on the album”, states LIGHTNING STRIKES founder/drummer, Karpis Maksudian. “Tony and I got acquainted a few years ago through a video project I directed for another band he was involved with. When I asked him if he’d guest on a couple of songs he graciously said yes. Not only did he agree to contribute vocals, he was fully involved in the creative process and wrote lyrics and melodies as well. I think anybody that loves Tony’s work with Sabbath will like ‘Death Valley’, too.”

Originally formed in the mid-80’s, LIGHTNING STRIKES were part the bustling L.A. scene, with a now highly collectable 7” single to their credit, before going their separate ways due to line-up problems. In 2011, Maksudian began to assemble a new version of LIGHTNING STRIKES, featuring bassist Cat Tate (SNEW, RED AGAIN), guitarist Rob Math (LEATHERWOLF, PLAYER), and Brazilian vocalist Nando Fernandes (HANGAR). In addition to Tony Martin, ‘Lightning Strikes’ also features guests contributions from keyboard virtuoso Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, KISS) and Japanese visual kei star Noah (AVANCHICK) on lead vocals.

‘Lightning Strikes’ was mixed by acclaimed producer Roy Z (JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON, HELLOWEEN) and mastered by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ANVIL).

‘Lightning Strikes’ can be ordered directly from the Pure Steel online shop at:
LIGHTNING STRIKES – „Lightning Strikes“ CD @ PURE STEEL SHOP
LIGHTNING STRIKES – „Lightning Strikes“ DL @ PURE STEEL SHOP

LIGHTNING STRIKES web & social media:

LIGHTNING STRIKES - video "Our Lady" - released!

LIGHTNING STRIKES have released a video clip for the song ‘Our Lady’ off their eponymous debut album which was issued November 18th 2016 via Germany’s PURE LEGEND RECORDS, a division of PURE STEEL RECORDS.

‘Our Lady’ is LIGHTNING STRIKES’ nod to Rock’n’Roll Hall of Famers DEEP PURPLE, one of drummer/founding member Karpis Maksudian’s main influences and long time favorite bands. “I grew up in Yerevan, Armenia during the Soviet era and there was no Western music available in stores at the time and very few people had actual Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath records. I think it was in 1974 when one of my relatives came to visit from Beirut and brought with him a mixed tape of rock songs. The first song on that tape was a live version of ‘Black Night’ and that was it for me. My world instantly and completely changed forever. From that day on I kept bugging my father to buy me a used copy of ‘Made In Japan’ which cost 300 Rubles on the black market. Mind you, an ordinary worker in the USSR was making 120 Rubles a month at the time! I’ve been a huge Deep Purple fan ever since and own all their albums.

“When we started working on the album, I wanted to do a Purple cover but I wasn’t interested in re-doing any of the obvious songs that have already been covered to death. I mean, who needs another cover of ‘Highway Star’ or ‘Smoke on the Water’? So I started listening to their early stuff in my car for a few weeks when it hit me that not too many people are familiar with ‘Our Lady’ off of ‘Who Do We Think We Are’ but it’s a killer tune. Bingo! So I asked Rob (Math) and Cat (Tate) to learn it for the album, and then had Derek (Sherinian) come in to do his Jon Lord magic on the Hammond B3, which turned out great. And Nando (Fernandes), too, did an awesome job on vocals so I’m really pleased how it turned out. Hopefully the Purple fans out there will dig our version – so far the response has been very positive.”

Originally formed in the mid-80’s, LIGHTNING STRIKES were part the bustling L.A. scene, with a now highly collectable 7” single to their credit, before going their separate ways due to line-up problems. In 2011, Maksudian began to assemble a new version of LIGHTNING STRIKES, featuring returning bassist Cat Tate (SNEW, RED AGAIN), Berklee trained guitarist Rob Math (LEATHERWOLF, PLAYER), and Brazilian vocalist Nando Fernandes (HANGAR). In addition to Sherinian, ‘Lightning Strikes’ also features guest lead vocal contributions from Tony Martin (BLACK SABBATH) and Japanese visual kei star Noah (AVANCHICK) and koto player Masayo Ishigure.

‘Lightning Strikes’ was mixed by acclaimed producer Roy Z (JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON, HELLOWEEN) and mastered by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ANVIL). The album will see its official North American release on January 20th 2017.

LINE-UP:
Nando Fernandes - vocals
Rob Math - guitars
Cat Tate - bass
KarpisMaksudian - drums
Derek Sherinian - keyboards (guest musician)

LIGHTNING STRIKES – „Lightning Strikes“ CD @ PURE STEEL SHOP

LIGHTNING STRIKES – „Lightning Strikes“ DL @ PURE STEEL SHOP

LIGHTNING STRIKES "Lightning Strikes" - LIMITED VINYL EDITION - Cover, Tracklist, releasedate: 3rd November 2017

The release date of the LIGHTNING STRIKES album „Lightning Strikes“ on limited vinyl edition is November 3rd, 2017. The pre-order phase will start on October 20th, 2017 in our webshop. The Album will release in a limited Edition of 200 black copies with 2 Bonustracks and insert on vinyl.

After the CD Release in November 2016 follows the album “Lightning Strikes” in a limited edition of 200 black copies with 2 Bonustracks and insert on vinyl.

TRACKLIST:
Side A
1. VICTIM
2. CAN’T CROSS THE RAINBOW
3. 301 AD SINS OF OUR FATHERS
4. FEAR
5. DEATH VALLEY
6. BERMUDA TRIANGLE
Side B
7. DOKI NO SAKURA
8. KAMIKAZE
9. STAY WITH ME
10. OUR LADY
11. WE DON’T ROCK ALONE
12. LIGHTNING STRIKES (Bonustrack)
13. LOTTERY TICKET (Bonustrack)
Total Playing Time: 49:13 min

LINE-UP:
Nando Fernandes – vocals
Cat Tate – bass
Rob Math – guitars
Karpis Maksudian – drums

special guests:
Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, KISS) – keyboards
Tony Martin (BLACK SABBATH) – vocals
Noah (AVANCHICK) – vocals

www.instagram.com/lightningstrikesrocks

„Lightning Strikes“ LIGHTNING STRIKES @ PURE LEGEND RECORDS

LIGHTNING STRIKES "Lightning Strikes" Limited Vinyl Edition – pre-order phase started!

The pre-order phase for the LIGHTNING STRIKES album "Lightning Strikes" (Original release date on CD: 18th November 2016) on vinyl starts in our webshop. The limited vinyl edition consists 200 pieces with insert and 2 Bonustracks on black vinyl. The official Releasedate of the vinyledition is 3rd November 2017.

LIGHTNING STRIKES - "Lightning Strikes" LP @ PURE STEEL SHOP

LIGHTNING STRIKES "Lightning Strikes" – limited vinyl edition and video - officially released!

The Album by LIGHTNING STRIKES "Lightning Strikes" (Original release date on CD: 18th November 2016) was officially released on vinyl. The limited vinyl edition consists 200 black pieces with 2 Bonustracks and insert. The album is also available as CD and digital download.

LIGHTNING STRIKES - "Lightning Strikes" LP @ PURE STEEL RECORDS
LIGHTNING STRIKES - "Lightning Strikes" CD @ PURE STEEL RECORDS
LIGHTNING STRIKES - "Lightning Strikes" DL @ PURE STEEL RECORDS

Also an official video for the song "You Can't Cross The Rainbow" was released.