Like Metallica?

Speaking of St Anger, I picked it up last Monday on my way to work and went round me mates to give it a blast after work. Gave the album a listen all the way through and both agreed the album was absolute bollocks! WTF is that 'production'? My old band made better sounding rehearsal tapes with a bloody walkman by the door!!! Both agreed there were some good bits on it though, but these were soon lost under the clang clang clang of the drums!!!

After the next ten minutes of dissing the album, decided to watch the live rehearsal dvd that came with it and you know what.....................love the new Metallica album!! If the sound quality of the dvd and the album were reversed then it would be perfectly acceptable and would probably endear more people to it. On the dvd you hear everything the way it should be heard, and I for one thoroughly enjoyed it.

The album was advertised as being 'back to the old school', problem being whose old school was it back to??? Puppets it aint!!!!!!

Well after playing this album to death for a good week, the following things have dawned on me.

1. No, they are not doing a nu-metal getting rid of the guitar solos. Look at some of there influences (Misfits, Discharge etc) and you realise were there coming from. If anything there are doing what Metallica have always done, what they want on there terms.

2. Doesn't it just get better the more you play it.

3. The production is just like some of the old punk bands production I mentioned earlier (i.e shite!)

4. It is still to long an album. 45 mins of the best stuff on this album would have been brilliant

5. With a few less tracks a few guitar solos and better production this album could have been a monster

6. Dirty Windows is fuckin awesome.

5. I do actually like it a lot now. Different, but still kicking ass if just from a different angle.