Limited Edition, what will be special about it?

klaasgeert

Not breathing at all…
Dec 19, 2004
Originally Posted by paradoxile
If anyone knows what is going to be different on the limited edition?(bonus tracks?bonus live cd? bonus dvd? special digipack?the lyrics to nirvana's nevermind album?)

I have read this question in some others threads and was asking myself the same question.

Does anyone know what will be special about the limited edition? Maybe someone in the band (Anders, Daniel?) can give us a small peak as a christmas gift?

Of course I have some ideas about the limited edition, if you got some I would like to know too. Let's go crazy! :headbang: :hotjump:

Here are my ideas:

• A special packaging (of course) in the Black Sessions vein.
• The video of ‘My twin’.
• A hidden track containing the ‘medley’ of the older instrumental songs which will be featured live in the near future.

yes folkz, the special edition will be a box identical to 'the black sessions' but instead of storing the cd in a cardboard sleeve it will be attached like on a normal digipack tray within the box.

the bonus features/items are:
  • 'my twin' video
  • a poster of the coverartwork one side and a band shot on the other
  • 5 postcards of each bandmember

Blakkheim said:
yes folkz, the special edition will be a box identical to 'the black sessions' but instead of storing the cd in a cardboard sleeve it will be attached like on a normal digipack tray within the box.

the bonus features/items are:
  • 'my twin' video
  • a poster of the coverartwork one side and a band shot on the other
  • 5 postcards of each bandmember

Awesome

maybe you can't answer this, but it won't hurt to ask i guess... how many copies will there be of the ltd. release?

Blakkheim said:
[*]5 postcards of each bandmember

Rockstars! Rockstars! Katatonia are going to be big rockstars, yooppyjei!!!!!

So if there`ll be 5 of each member I suggest:

-a normal one (industrial- depressed)
-a heavy metal one (posing with instruments and hair)
-nude (requested and discussed here so many times- it has to happen one day!)
-one from the time they went to kindergarden or school
-one from when they last got up at 6 in the morning

Now playing: Dream Theater- 6 o`clock on a christmas morning

Sater said:
Ooh no! Not the Black Sessions packaging. I totally dislike those cardboard promosleeves.

I like the LFDGD digipak more.

i totaly agree with that, i personaly think the LFDGD packaging is the best digi-pak style cd i have.

ive noticed that peacville love to release digi-paks of albums (Opeth/still life, my dying bride/most if not all their stuff now etc.) i remember the days of peacville re-releases with the cardboard sleeve and cheap price, oh those were the days. :cry: :p

_Transparent_ said:
LFDGD packaging is the best digi-pak style cd i have.

Yes, it's great. I hope that SE of "GCD" will be something like this.

Limited editions usually have video track and bonus track, so I think this is what we can expect'

salisbury said:
Rockstars! Rockstars! Katatonia are going to be big rockstars, yooppyjei!!!!!

So if there`ll be 5 of each member I suggest:

-a normal one (industrial- depressed)
-a heavy metal one (posing with instruments and hair)
-nude (requested and discussed here so many times- it has to happen one day!)
-one from the time they went to kindergarden or school
-one from when they last got up at 6 in the morning

Now playing: Dream Theater- 6 o`clock on a christmas morning

yes they are real rockstars now and they are also finally aware of their beauty! ha ha:) I' d like to have all these versions too:)

So now we are supposed to buy three copies, including normal edition, special and EP....

And what about a signing session when the album is released?
I want each post card signed by every band member!
Now I'm not sure when the special edition will be released....surely not at the same time of the normal one..

They fucing deserve recognition by now, great fucking band. And if you let people that dont usually listen to metal listen to them they will either areciate or like it,so i have found. Although loads people are like ' i cant find thier cd's' I have no trouble with that to be honest, maybe some of the older stuff. But newer stuff is easy.

I am expecting a flock of 15 year old fanboys to the forum after the release...
I call it "the ghost reveries" effect...
this of course is a good thing since Katatonia will be getting more recognition... There's only the Roadrunner factor missing(the fuckers can sure market their shit)...but no biggie,Peaceville are great too.

paradoxile said:
There's only the Roadrunner factor missing(the fuckers can sure market their shit)...but no biggie,Peaceville are great too.

as long as Peaceville front some dough to get them to the U.S. I will be happy.....if not I will be very dissapointed.....but thats how it goes I guess....I just hope they realize how grateful thye should be to have Katatonia signed.......and I hope you are all still sending emails to Peaceville letting them know we want to see Katatonia here this coming year......it is still important to put bugs in their ears if we want this to happen.....we actually do make a difference ya know....

And the limited edition can be bought in normal record stores? Or do you have to buy it directly from peaceville?

I'd like to know more about that too. Considering the fact that I'll have to pay a lot of money to get the new album (Peaceville doesn't have any affiliated label to distribute the Kata cds over here), I would like to get this Limited Edition, to make it worth. hehe.