Line 6 HD147

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
Im looking to purchase a Line 6 HD147 and found one that comes with the line 6 slant cab....just wondering how much you guys would pay for this setup? Is $550 US too much for head and cab

The HD 147 is a great amp. Extremely good as a practice amp and a band rehearsal amp, as it is very light weight yet very powerful. I would love to get one for to replace that for my Spider II, and would feel confident enough to gig with it. Nothing really beats tubes but out in the crowd they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

If you need versatility and multiple tones and effects, want a light weight amp that gets the job done, I would say get it, however if you are looking for one really good tone, I would do as Guru said and get a tube amp. Depends on what you want.

I do have a few tube amps but since we are starting to gig soon and will be doing multiple effects live wanted the ease of solid state and the fx. I was reading evanescence was using the HD147 live so cant be that bad. I love the low maintenance and the multiple fx but might even hold out for the kemper for live and studio.

If possible, try the Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 top, really liked it, it's pretty cheap, really loud and
easy to use, with the Sanpera floorboard you can even get a wah and volume pedal out of it.
Not sure about the prices in the US, but it's about 300€ new at Thomann.