Line 6 POD XT

wicked_s

Sep 19, 2004
Yo,

I was reading about your thoughts on the POD XT, i bought one yesterday, and was wondering if anyone have any good sounding presets?

DIOBOLIC5150 said:

Thanks man!
I tried tweaking the pod like you described DIOBOLIC, it sounded really good, but its not that kind of sound im looking for. Hmm, im working on a little promo-cd, and would like to get a real killer guitarsound on it. I bought a POD XT Pro last week, and been tweaking it day and night, but i cant get a satisfying result. Maybe anyone of you guitarsoundtweakingfreaks could help me out?

Heres a link to what im working with:

www.cromonic.com/XTproTest.mp3

Heres a link to the patch i came up with:

www.cromonic.com/RectumRock.l6t

Doesn't sound too shabby to my ears either... pretty good actually - and superb playing by the way. what kind of improvements are you looking for?

Dogman said:
Doesn't sound too shabby to my ears either... pretty good actually - and superb playing by the way. what kind of improvements are you looking for?

Thanks man!
Uhm.. just looking for good-crispy-metal-guitarsound... that blends well in the mix. I'm not satisfied with the sound i got, but i don't know how to make it better. Hm, maybe it's good as it is o_O

My plan is to record all the guitars, bass and program the drums at home, and then go to a "real" studio and record vocals and let them mix it. To save some time. Hmm, what about bass, any suggestions how to tune the pod xt, any experience on recording bass through the pod?

Moonlapse said:
Yeah the guitar tone sounds nice. But the recording in general seems to be lacking body, perhaps needing some extra lows?

Thanks!

I'll have to look into that :headbang:

wicked_s said:
Hmm, what about bass, any suggestions how to tune the pod xt, any experience on recording bass through the pod?

If you have the updated firmware, you're gonna need that built in 4 band EQ. It can be very difficult to get a good sound for bass on the XT. Good luck.