LINKIN PARK Singer CHESTER BENNINGTON's Leg Injury Forces Concert Cancelations

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
LINKIN PARK has been forced to cancel its shows in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (January 20) and Albany, New York (January 21) due to a leg injury suffered by lead vocalist Chester Bennington. The singer, who requires immediate medical attention, says: "I need to take the proper time to assess the severity of my injury and apologize for any disappointment this has caused. I look forward to seeing you all again soon."Fans can seek refunds at point of purchase.LINKIN PARK's new album, "The Hunting Party", debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart in June 2014 — the first time since the band's 2000 debut disc, "Hybrid Theory", that the group did not land at the top of the chart in its first week of sales."The Hunting Party" sold around 110,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The record arrived in stores via Machine Shop Recordings/Warner Bros."The Hunting Party" follows up 2012's "Living Things" and features the singles "Guilty All The Same" and "Until It's Gone".Guests on "The Hunting Party" include RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello, HELMET mainman Page Hamilton, SYSTEM OF A DOWN axeman Daron Malakian and rapper Rakim.

More...