List some bands that you really don't like but society says you are supposed to like.

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Just for fun.

There are bands out there that are forced down on you that you are supposed to like but maybe you don't? I know there are a ton of bands I don't like but if you say you don't like them the majority of people will say you are an idiot etc (I do the same thing if someone tells me they don't like Iron Maiden etc)

So what are some bands (mainly heavy metal, rock etc) that you just don't really like that that fit this criteria?

For me some of these would be:

Tool
Judas Priest / Rob Halford
ACDC
Guns N Roses
Radiohead (though not metal)
Ozzy Osbourne Solo
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Megadeth
Slipknot
Bushthrax :dopey:
Rush
Pink Floyd
Disturbed - Eww!
Kiss
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Mudvayne

There are a ton of others but to get this thread started there are a few of mine

kiss.jpg
I like a few songs, but honestly I just don't get the status as "legends" bestowed upon them.

They are more famous for their gimmick, then for their music.

I agree with Kiss. I like some of their stuff, but nothing strikes me as amazing. I actually like some of the stuff Gene Simmons sings more than anything Paul Stanley ever did.

Kiss
U2
Radiohead
The Who
The Doors

RAMMSTEIN
MARILYN MANSON
Kiss
U2
Radiohead
Coldplay
The Who
The Doors
Guns N Roses
Slipknot
Disturbed
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Alice In Chains
Aerosmith
The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

are the ones that came to mind first

(to be continued)

U2
The Beatles
Coldplay
Pearl Jam

Those bands are, IMO, the most overrated bands ever existed!

Kiss
The Red Hot Chilli Peppers (gay)
Shinedown
Iron Maiden (thats right..I said it)
Bon Jovi (gay)
Slayer
U2 (yawn)
Coldplay (yawn-gay)
STP
GnR (after the first album)
Nirvana
Aerosmith
Disturbed
The Doodle Town Pipers
Chickenfoot
The many Korn clones of the '90s

These bands I like stuff here and there but not enough to own more than one album:

Pantera
Joeythrax
Slayer
Alice in Chains (love the new one and Jerry's solo work)
System Of a Down (beyond the first album)

Hate:
Limp Bizkit
Nickleback
Korn
Soul Fly
Sepultura's Roots album (everything else is amazing)

Here are some, according to thread guidlines, are forced apon us to like, but I really do not care for,

The Rolling Stones- besides for a few tunes, don't get what is so great
Kiss- again do not get it
Korn- liked them at first, now kinda stale
AC/DC- like a few tunes but boring to me
If I head to pick one of the big four it would be Megadeth, just my least favorite of them
Motorhead- saw them with Anthrax, and have never cared for them, probably never will
Black Sabbath- I know right?
Well there is a few of the bigger names that I do not care for

I don't know that I've ever had society at large tell me I'm supposed to like a certain band. I've also never paid too much attention to what other people like, unless I was thinking about giving a certain band a listen and wanted input on which albums to get first. For instance, I never listened to Testament, Exodus, or Helloween prior to this past year, but have become a fan based on recommendations. Guess that really doesn't apply.

Anyway, I guess my list would include Kiss, STP, Five Finger Death Punch, any death metal band (just don't like it), System of a Down, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Def Leppard post Pyromania, Bon Jovi, Black Label Society, Aerosmith post Pump, and maybe Rob Zombie, even though I usually like one or two songs off each album. But I certainly don't begrudge people who like those bands, and there are probably others I could list that I've never bothered to listen too, such as Nickelback or Fallout Boy.

slayer
u2(great live but could never throw a cd on lol)
coldplay
kiss
iron maiden
alice in chains
rolling stones
soulfly are fucking terrible haha
thats all i can think of right now

Rolling Stones. I just don't get it. Keef is a shit guitarist with a horrible tone and Mick is a shit singer. Listen to the guitar tones of the Beatles, recording at the same time as the Stones. The Beatles had great tones, while the Stones sound like they were recording in the 1940's using shitty little amps. And the Beatles had awesome harmonies and well written melody lines in their vocals while the Stones are just some ugly men shouting.

The Who - some awesome songs, but overall, I don't get their legendary status.
Soundgarden and Alice In Chains
RHCP
Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck
The Damned Things

slayer
u2(great live but could never throw a cd on lol)
coldplay
kiss
iron maiden
alice in chains
rolling stones
soulfly are fucking terrible haha
thats all i can think of right now

Out of curiosity what makes Iron Maiden a band you hate? What exactly do you NOT like about them both musicianship and just over all song writing stuff?

And Soulfly what exactly makes you hate Soulfly so much? Have you heard Dark Ages, Conquer, Prophecy and given them a chance? Did you like old Sepultura?